none
I keep seeing the same updates for the same attributes on the same objects every export. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having this weird result where after import and sync there I see the same 92 objects with the same export staged.

For example, a user with id 007 will have LastName marked to be updated to "Bond". I do the export and it succeeds. The next import results in exported-change-not-reimported. This is a CSV MA, the file is text in UTF8 Encoding. No special chars are involved. I've looked at the values produces at every step in the pipeline and they are just unicode char's. There's no trailing or leading whitespace. 

Anybody else see this?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

• OK, so to clarify:

1. You do a full import from a csv 'A' with all users on your MA
    2. You change a value LastName in the MV with another MA or whatever
    3. You need to Export the change and you use the same MA
    4. You generate another csv 'B' with export step
    5. And you re-do a full import (from csv 'A')

I'm right?

In that case you just have to add a delta import step to confirm your export (from csv 'B')

And wait until you regenerate the csv 'A' to do another full import

Sylvain

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:33 PM

All replies

• Check if the changes are exported correctly to the csv file. Also check if the changes are imported during the import.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

Can you confirm that your delta import is based on the same file as the one is exported? (ie same filename configured in your run profile Export and Import)

Sylvain

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:19 AM
  • That's the thing...I'm not doing delta imports. I'm doing full imports. 

Here's my setup...

I create the csv with a tool provided by a cloud provider. It contains all user entries. I import it, sync, and export to another file that only has records that have changed. I use the vendor tool to copy those records into their service. I then tun the tool again to create the file in the first step...which now contains the changes that were just uploaded. So it should be able to confirm that changes to place.

• Edited by B3NT_0 Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:11 PM
  • That's the whole point of the question.

I am exporting the file correctly...it's in the expected encoding and there are no character errors. The import doesn't confirm that a change has taken place. Actually it's that for someone reason it wants to stage a change to the current value. It's weird. 

For instance, if the lastName is 'Smith' it wants to stage a change to the value 'Smith'...on export it writes out 'Smith'...on import the value is 'Smith' but it doesn't recognize it.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:16 PM
  • OK, so to clarify:

1. You do a full import from a csv 'A' with all users on your MA
    2. You change a value LastName in the MV with another MA or whatever
    3. You need to Export the change and you use the same MA
    4. You generate another csv 'B' with export step
    5. And you re-do a full import (from csv 'A')

I'm right?

In that case you just have to add a delta import step to confirm your export (from csv 'B')

And wait until you regenerate the csv 'A' to do another full import

Sylvain

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:33 PM