none
remove edge on taskbar during build RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm getting windows 10 ready for deployment to our estate which has close to 5000 machines. I've been looking for way to remove Edge from the taskbar during build so it's not there by default for the users. 

Most answers talk about removing it via group policy, but this is unacceptable because that policy stops the users being able to pin any item.

Is there any powershell cmdlets which can be used to remove edge from the taskbar of the default user during build?

Thanks

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, May 27, 2016 6:41 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Friday, May 27, 2016 2:13 PM

All replies

• Post in deployment forum for how to option a deployment.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?forum=mdt

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, May 27, 2016 2:22 PM
  • Hi, Thanks. I've already looked at build deployment. There's no satisfactory way to do it.
    Friday, May 27, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Hi, Thanks. I've already looked at build deployment. There's no satisfactory way to do it.

Have you posted in the MDT forum?  I don't think so.  The way this is done is to change the default profile.  Of course if a user logs in with a roaming profile the taskbar will still be the old one.

We can build a default profile that is customized and add it to the base image then all images will have that as a default.

Post in MDT forum for instructions on how to customize an image.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Friday, May 27, 2016 4:04 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 4:02 PM