Remove Enterprise Voice. RRS feed

• Question

• I've taken over support responsibility for a Skype 4 Business instance that have 3 Front End server and 2 edge servers. When the servers were configure, the admin chose to install the enterprise voice feature.  We will not be using any enterprise voice features so I want to remove it completely.  We did go in to the topology and uncheck that feature and republished.  However, the application server service will not start now, it's looking to start the response group service.

Do I need to run setup again on all front end servers?  and if I do, i assume all the services will need restarting thereby knocking anyone off of that server.

There's plenty of info out there to enable enterprise voice, not much in the was of disabling it.

Thanks in advance

-pete

Monday, April 30, 2018 1:03 PM

All replies

• Deleted
    Monday, April 30, 2018 8:27 PM
  • Hi pete,

Agree with Shankar, When you make change to your topology, it is necessary sometime to re-run the Step 2. It will never show as "completed" once you go back in.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Thanks Leon.  Do you happen to know if this will result in the services being restarted? 
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 11:37 AM
  • I test it ,services are not restarted.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:20 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:21 AM