Windows 7 Error Message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error.... Followed by Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a system that is not quite 6 months old, which is loaded with Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. 

The error message that I get is as follows: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.  Runtime error!  Program C:\windows\Explorer.exe.  This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Once I respond to that message, I get a message that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working.  Then I get "Windows Explorer is re-starting"
    I don't know if the next event is related - today, immediately after getting the message above, I got a pop-up that said "An update to Adobe Flash Player is available" - and I am given the option of installing it or not.  Today, I did not install the update - although I recall having accepted this update in the past (again, I don't know if the two situations always occur together).

Is there some help I can be provided to correct this problem?  I have looked at several related topics in this database, but have not found anything that seems to directly relate to my question. 
       Thanks!    Mark

Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies