none
It is possible to "Always roll up Gantt bars", but is it possible to sometimes not to roll up a task? RRS feed

• Question

• It is possible to "Always roll up Gantt bars",

but is it possible not to roll up a task, or do I have to always roll up all indiviual task and sometimes not roll up a task?

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:25 PM

All replies

• I am not sure exactly what you are getting at, but if you collapse a summary, all of its tasks will get "rolled up".

You can use view, outline to collapse all down to a selected level, or show all tasks. In a long task list it is useful to collapse everything and then just expand the parts you are working on.

Any help?

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:23 PM
  • Rene,

I don't use rollups, but have you tried tinkering with the individual task "rollup" field.  I.e. insert column "rollup" into a Gantt view table, then play with "yes" and "no".   Setting "yes" on a non-summary task rolls it up to all its parents at all levels.  Setting "no" on a summary task basically instructs the rolling-up bars to bypass it on their way up to higher levels.

For these to work (I think), the "Always roll up Gantt bars" checkbox (on the layout dialog) needs to be unchecked.  There's no way that I know of to set this rule and then apply exceptions to it.

Good luck, tom

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:46 PM
  • Rene,

You can select to roll up or not roll up individual task Gantt bars by setting the Rollup field appropriately (see screenshot). And yes, Tom is correct, you do need to un-check the "always roll up Gantt bars" in order to have control of individual task Gantt bars.

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:47 PM