PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER IS SERIOUSLY MESSED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• A couple of weeks ago I got a very bad computer virus which slowed my computer down excessively. After this, I tried a system refresh twice. Each time I reinstalled everything but afterwards I then recieved system driver powerstate error (aka the blue screen of death). I tried system restores each time and neither time it worked. 

I tried everything I could online to try to fix this and even ran a cmd scan without finding an errors. I even looked at all the drivers to see if one was messed up to uninstall and reinstall to remove the error. After this I reformatted the computer deleting everything on the c drive as well and once again reinstalled all of my programs.

It seemed to work until I tried to update to windows 8.1 and then I once again received the driver powerstate error. So I tried another system restore to before this update and it worked.

I really wanted to update to 8.1 and now I am back in the same situation, but this time th8ere is no restore point before the second attempt to update to 8.1. I don’t know what to do and I need to use this computer every day as I am in med school. PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, April 21, 2014 10:24 PM