Proxy authentication issue with sequenced browser opera and safari RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sequenced opera 11.5, 9.5 and Safari5. When i try to browse webpages using the sequenced browsers from the client machine it ask's for proxy authentication, basically we use a url http://------/*.pac file for proxy(automatic configuration script).

Similar issue with oracle web application, sequenced oracle jinitiator and tried working on it from client machine, it throws a popup for proxy authentication. Here i use IE for accessing the Oracle Web URL.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Roshan
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:02 AM

Answers

• Solved the Oracle Jinitiator web appliction issue, authentication issue was due to the proxy settings in the jinitiator console. unchecked use browser settings and made network access as Unrestricted.

Opera proxy authentication issue exists even on our local machines too, hence left it.

Cheers Roshan
    • Marked as answer by VirtualAdda Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:20 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:20 PM

All replies

• Do you have any of the following keys captured in your packages? If so, remove them:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:15 AM
  • though i cleared the above keys captured, still having same issue. Any other suggestion?
    Cheers Roshan
    • Edited by VirtualAdda Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:26 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:23 PM
  • Did you perform a repair on the package after fixing it? Have you tested on a clean machine?

Do the same issues occur if the applications are installed locally?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:35 PM
  • i created a new package using a clean machine. I also tried loading the application on user system using new profile but still it is poping for authentication.

No, their is no issue if the applications are installed locally.

Cheers Roshan
    • Edited by VirtualAdda Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:46 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Did you perform a repair on the package after fixing it? Have you tested on a clean machine?

Do the same issues occur if the applications are installed locally?

i gave a wrong info on question no: 2

Actually it did ask for authentication while browsing but not immediately when the application is opened, initially it works fine but later when navigate to different pages i get the authentication popup.

Cheers Roshan
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:29 PM
  • i gave a wrong info on question no: 2

Actually it did ask for authentication while browsing but not immediately when the application is opened, initially it works fine but later when navigate to different pages i get the authentication popup.

That's with the application installed? If so, then perhaps its an issue with the PAC file or the proxy server itself (e.g. not offering correct authn support).

Monday, October 17, 2011 8:55 PM
  • yes correct application installed locally.
    Cheers Roshan
    Monday, October 17, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hello,

Have you verified whats happening and which registry keys the application accesses when trying to use the proxy? A tool to achieve this could be Process Monitor
    /Znack
    Monday, October 24, 2011 6:45 AM
  • Solved the Oracle Jinitiator web appliction issue, authentication issue was due to the proxy settings in the jinitiator console. unchecked use browser settings and made network access as Unrestricted.

Opera proxy authentication issue exists even on our local machines too, hence left it.

Cheers Roshan
    • Marked as answer by VirtualAdda Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:20 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:20 PM