my .Bat files won't execute in windows 7 Why :( ? RRS feed

• Question

• following .Bat fileruns but does not move the files. but when I execut the lines individually they work?????

copy h:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.tmz c:\tm5\tmsync\inbox\*.*
    copy c:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.* h:\tm5\tmsync\inbox\*.*
    del c:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.*
    del h:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.tmz

Why? These always ran fine in XP and I use them on anoher laptop running 7 Pro, this one is home premium

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you run the batch in Safe Mode? If it works, I suspect that the issue is caused by your security programs.

Otherwise, in Windows we can use command “move” to move files. For detail information please enter “move /?”.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:46 AM
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you run the batch in Safe Mode? If it works, I suspect that the issue is caused by your security programs.

Otherwise, in Windows we can use command “move” to move files. For detail information please enter “move /?”.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:46 AM
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:33 AM
  • I too saw that wilth Win7 things became worse running batch files.

One thing I found was with special char in the commands you might find luck using double quotes around each command that uses special characters...

copy "h:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.tmz" "c:\tm5\tmsync\inbox\*.*"
    copy "c:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.*" "h:\tm5\tmsync\inbox\*.*"
    del "c:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.*"
    del "h:\tm5\tmsync\outbox\tm*205.tmz"

Let me know how it goes! Good luck

Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:27 AM