none
using project 2013 server with host named site collections RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if it is possible to create a project web app instance using host named site collections? When creating I am asked to select a web application  can I use the web application that I am using to hold all of my host named site collections?

Steven Albrecht

Steven Albrecht

Friday, April 4, 2014 7:15 PM

Answers

• First you need to provision web application using host header option. Use this web application to provision PWA site

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Monday, April 7, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Hi Steven,

If you want to create PWA site with other host name then you need to Create PWA using Host header option.

If you are  looking for backup and restore of pwa then use system name rather than alias name while doing backup or restore.

vijay kommireddi

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:38 AM

All replies

• First you need to provision web application using host header option. Use this web application to provision PWA site

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Monday, April 7, 2014 1:03 AM
  • This is what I did, then backup/restore the site into a host named site collection.

But then the PWA site has multiple errors in all the webparts

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:34 PM
  • Hi Steven,

If you want to create PWA site with other host name then you need to Create PWA using Host header option.

If you are  looking for backup and restore of pwa then use system name rather than alias name while doing backup or restore.

vijay kommireddi

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:38 AM
  • Great tutorial here thanks to Gordon Lewis

http://epmpoint.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/project-server-2013-provisioning-project-web-app-in-an-existing-site-collection/

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:37 AM
  • Thanks Fred... Glad it was useful
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:39 AM