none
Unable to preview updates in approval center RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a PM who is unable to ‘preview updates’ in the approval center.  We are using Project Server 2010, Project Pro 2010, and IE 8.  She can see the status update requests and approve them but when she clicks preview update she gets the following error:

View Failure:  The view failed to load.  Press OK to reload this view with the default settings.  Press Cancel to select another view.

I have checked the logs but have not been able to isolate the entries related to it.

She is not the original PM for the project.  She was made project owner and the status manger field was changed to her.  Previous PM did not have this issue.  Other PMs can use this ok on their projects.

Anybody have any ideas where I should look or what I should try?

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:39 PM

All replies

• I remember this issue happened when any of the Summary Tasks and Milestones in the schedule had dependencies on one another. 

I would check the schedule for those kind of dependencies.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:05 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Prasanna's answer definitely describes the cause of the error in the "Preview Updates"-Screen: if any summary task is linked to a milestone the view fails to load.

This error has been resolved in later CUs (cf: Link). On which CU-level is your system currently running?

Best regards

Phil

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:55 AM
  • This is a good lead.  Thanks.  The plan did have some of these situations and we are correcting.  Hopefully it works.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:53 PM
  • This is also a lead we are following up on.  We are hosted and the hosting company has us at Dec 2011 CU and is currently installing Apr 2012 CU.

Thanks,

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:54 PM