none
Microsoft Project 2016 - Page Setup Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am working on Microsoft Project Professional 2016. As part of it, we need to configure the Print -> Options -> page setup for footer and save it. But after saving and re-opening the file, the page setup done by me is missing.  Can you please help us resolve this issue?

Regards,
    A.Senthil Raja

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:01 AM

All replies

• Everything connected to the formatting of the text and bars, as well as everything in the page setup for printing, whether to paper of PDF, is contained in the particular view that is active at the time that you make the changes to the formatting and the page setup.

The default Gantt chart view has got some fairly simple but perfectly functional default formats and page setup.

Black text, blue bars, black diamonds, page size, scaling, margins (1.27 cm), headers (blank). footers (blank), legend (every page) etc etc.

If you have a preference or a need for different fonts or colours or shapes, or headers and footers, page size etc etc, you have two realistic choices. You can modify an existing view or you can copy an existing view which is sort of close to what you want and then modify the copy.

Since the existing views are already just fine just the way they are, don't modify them.

Instead (recommended), copy an existing view, and then customise that copy to suit.

Go to the Gantt chart button, drop it down, go to more views, copy the Gantt chart view, call the copy something like "AA My New View" and then do whatever you like to it. In your case, put the footer that you want in it in page setup.

Keep the original Gantt chart view just as it is as the original, or if you change it, keep the changes to a minimum. Work in that view, but switch to your custom view for printing.

Any help?

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:18 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your response. But here I am not trying to take the Gantt chart print page setup. But I wanted to do page setup for Report -> Dashboards -> Cost Overview. I cannot create a clone view of this dashboard and I also need the page setup to be available every time when I re-open the file. Can you please let me know if there are any alternative solution for the same?

Regards,

A.Senthil Raja

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 7:50 PM
  • I misunderstood your question. I use MSP2010 for exactly the reason that I don't like the complexity of the MSP2016 dashboard reports and the rigamarol of customising them, regardless of how glamorous the eye candy is. I prefer to work with the raw data and dressing it up myself. So I am afraid I can't help you, but I am sure there is someone who can.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:21 AM
  • Thank you for your response once again Trevor. Am expecting a favorable reply from MS.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:01 AM
  • You will not get a reply from MS. All of the good answers here are provided by volunteers, some of them genuine experts.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:18 AM