Tablet Input Panel and all Handwriting Recognition not present - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use my Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet to write text in various programs. I used to have Windows Vista and a Trust tablet and the TIP installed with the driver software, no problem. New PC, new tablet and now there are no options anywhere in the control panel, programs or search bar to do with handwriting.

I've tried reinstalling/updating my tablet driver and various other things, but nothing has worked so far and I can't find anywhere to manually download/install the TIP.

I have Office 2010 and in OneNote the option to recognise ink as writing is greyed out and cannot be selected. The convert to text function can be selected but does not change anything in the document.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:19 PM

All replies

• This is a driver compatibility issue. You need to download Windows 7 driver from the following website.

Wacom Hardware Drivers

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 20, 2010 8:09 AM
  • OP: "I've tried reinstalling/updating my tablet driver"

I tried it again anyway and it still doesn't work.

Friday, August 20, 2010 8:21 AM
  • Have you installed the latest BambooDock? It is required.

Wacom Bamboo - Dock and Minis

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:14 AM
  • Yep, I have it.
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:10 AM