Move ATA Installation to new Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I found this post: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/4a67007a-d262-4dc1-b3a6-26fedbc73da7/ata-restore-database-from-backup-full-disaster-recovery-steps?forum=mata

Is this really the easiest and working way to move a complete installation to a new server? I am not doing a disaster recovery but a controlled move to a new server. Taking the backup from a 400GB Database takes some time which makes the downtime longer. I have the database on its own disk - can I just reconnect this disk to the new server replacing the temporary one used for the installation?

Brgds Andreas

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 10:10 PM

All replies

• I didn't check the entire referenced post to see if it is accurate, but in general the answer is yes.

You don't have to go through a backup, giving that the source center and destination center are the EXACT same version, you can stop center & mongo services on both machines, and if the paths to the files stay the same,

a simple move of the disk can also work fine.

of course, you lose the option to go back if something goes wrong, like in any such procedure, but in general this was done before and can work fine if done correctly.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 10:51 PM
  • I did it now this way and it worked perfectly (I am using VMWare):

• Export certificate on old server
    • Set ATA and Mongo DB service to manual (just to be on the safe side!)
    • Shutdown the old server
    • Deploy new server with same name and IP
    • Configure new server as the old one (disk layout, etc.)
    • Install ATA 1.9
    • Upgrade to ATA 1.9.2
    • Stop ATA and Mongo DB service
    • Mount Mongo DB disk from old server on new server
    • Rename Mongo DB folder on new server
    • Copy Mongo DB folder from old server to new server (same disk/folder!)
    • Start Mongo DB service
    • Start ATA service
    • Verify function
    • Cleanup (delete renamed Mongo DB folder)

This way everything is working and you don´t need to do anything. ATA is licensed, all gateways are there and online/working, exclusions are configured, directory service is working.

Brgds Andreas

• Edited by Deas Friday, February 28, 2020 2:01 PM
    Friday, February 28, 2020 2:00 PM