none
can't install add-ons on IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to install an add-on from my Chinese bank's website (Shanghai Pudong Development Bank) and after I get the black-ish screen prompting for authorization the website starts loading and then just hangs. I had the exact same problem trying to install an add-on from the online malware scanner eset (.eu), the pop-up with the scanner just hangs after I'm asked for authorization.

I tried disabling my antivirus, disabling Malwarebytes, un- and reinstalling IE11 (turning it off/on) and nothing.

In China it is not rare to see people using Windows XP, so I don't see them updating anything soon.

I could really use some help here! Thank you all in advance.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please share a screenshot or guide to find and install this add-on on this site with us (I haven't used the Shanghai Pudong Development Banke), so we can know whether this is a common issue or specific issue. or you can try this add-on in another IE 11 (if you have) to test this issue.

If this is not a common issue, then it might be caused by other add-ons installed in your IE 11, as a test, I suggest you disable all other add-ons, then test this issue. Tools\Manage add-ons, or launch IE by running 

iexplore.exe -extoff

keep Windows up-to-date, especially for IE.

Meanwhile, you can clear the SSL state under Internet Options\Content, clear the browser history, cookies, ect, or reset IE, check if issue persists.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:06 AM