Windows Vista won't start up after Vista Ultimate installation RRS feed

• Question

• Well heres the thing, first of all before installation I had Vista Home premium and then I got Ultimate and then installed it. After rebooting my computer it loads as usual until the second screen where it says that it cant load press Ctrl alt delete to restart and it wont stop doing that. I tried going to BIOS and I set boot order to CDROM HARD DISK, HARD DISK, and when ultimate loads it goes to a screen where nothing is displayed except for the Windows thing as a screen and the only thing there is the mouse pointer. Please help me fix this problem the comp is the family computer with all of our pictures since 2003 and it also has alot of important files my mom need for her work. 

And another thing is that when I start up recovery and go to safe mode, it boots up and all I see is the safe mode thing in the backround with my mouse pointer. Nothing boots up and I cant press Ctrl alt del to open up task manager. Also that I have NEVER opened up my computer to mess with anything inside
    • Edited by tushyboy793 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:32 AM