DC2 for replication isnt manegable from DC1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello technicians!

Curently there is a domain controller runing on Windows Server 2012 R2. its all up-to-date and is configured as global catalog  domain controller. Ip-address is configured on a teamed NIC 192.168.1.10.

Router is functioning as DHCP 192.168.1.1

Now im  trying to get a 2nd DC for replication. 192.168.1.9 is its ip-address also on a teamed nic. After the DC promotion for 
    DC2 it seems the ADUC is accessible on DC2 and gets synchronised when changes occur on DC1.

DNS got loaded on DC2 aswell and synchronised from DC1. So i thought all was working well untill i installed DFS functionality for data replication from DC1 to DC2. The folders with global policies and scripts are empty on DC2. 
    The SYSvol folder on DC2 is completely empty so that didnt go as expected. I checked in the server manager and got loads of errors about RPC server unavailable from DC2. from DC1 i get the errors about access denied. Now i feel the access denied from DC1 to DC2 might be the issue.

For example if i go into the DNS manager on DC2 i can see and manage the DC2 dns server. I am also able to connect to DC1 to view and manage it from DC2. then when i  try it on DC1 it gives me the error access denied again. This is the same for computer management. 
    I chose to connect to another computer, DC2 specifically. It gave no errors so i was happy, YAY i can manage it. But then when i opened the diskmanager it gave me the same error again, access denied.

Did some troubleshooting and found out DC2 was running its firewall on the public profile instead of domain profile. well thats changed to domain profile, i compared the inbound rules on the firewall and some services were disabled on DC2 
    i enabled them. Some were about file sharing and network discovery. Sadly this didnt fix the issue yet. I also noticed a difference in ammount of rules for the file and printing services, DC1 had a few more rules than DC2.

What would be my best bet? Make an export of the firewall on DC1 and import it on DC2? 
    My feelings tell me im  doing something whrong  in there, any help with it would be greatly appreciated!

• Edited by XGKATRJL Monday, October 9, 2017 1:40 PM weird G tags
    Monday, October 9, 2017 11:22 AM

Answers

• No idea why the g tags appear, i put my post into code format so its finaly readable.

So a 3rd party program blocked the connection. issue is solved.

Monday, October 9, 2017 11:27 AM

All replies

• No idea why the g tags appear, i put my post into code format so its finaly readable.

So a 3rd party program blocked the connection. issue is solved.

Monday, October 9, 2017 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved and thank you for the share. Would you please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly? This will benefit all people accessing this forum. Your sharing will be highly appreciated.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Tobias Fang

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:55 AM