Cant get new email while uploading files and folders from a large import RRS feed

• Question

• I can understand if this is a basic limitation, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if there was a workaround.

We are migrating a lot of users to Office 365 from a separate service. Most use Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016 (a small amount use 2010). IMAP Migration through the Exchange Online administrative options is not feasible for some (POP connections for their old service).

I'm finding that for the users with more than about 2-5GB of email have issues getting new email while the Outlook application is sending their email up to their new accounts in Exchange. This appears to correct itself when the upload is done, but we've got some people with bad connections (multi-building company with varying ISP infrastructure), that this upload can take a day or two.

For right now have been sending them to use OWA on the interim, but it still can be a pain when some or most of their email still isn't available in OWA while Outlook uploads.

Is there a way to manipulate Outlook in such a way so that it will still upload email from a recent import, and yet still be able to get new email per usual, so that they can more or less carry on when we migrate them.

• Edited by Scott Glines Friday, January 20, 2017 10:59 PM misspelling
    Friday, January 20, 2017 10:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

I'm afraid this is the expected behavior and there is not workaround for this. We have to wait until the uploading process has completed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Scott Glines Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:19 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 7:58 AM