Office 2019 Deployment Tool Installation Hanging at 2%? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone experienced a problem with installing Office 2019 where you are using the Office Deployment Tool with a configuration file and the installation is hanging at 2%?

2 Percent

Below is my configuration file:

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019" >
          <Product ID="ProPlus2019Volume" PIDKEY="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" >
             <Language ID="en-us" />
          </Product>
      </Add>
    </Configuration>

Obviously, the "X"'s are my product key that I entered in.  The command I use to run office deployment tool is:

setup.exe /configure configuration.xml

Am I missing something?  I've tried a couple times now and it just sits there.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:01 PM

Answers

• I was trying to configure without doing the /download first.  I was able to do it successfully in the past, but now I only find success when I download the materials and specify the location in the XML file.
    • Marked as answer by IllegalCereal Friday, October 26, 2018 4:30 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Where are you saved the download files for Office 2019? In the Configuration.xml file, you can specify the SourcePath to set the download and install path. Is there any other Office version installed on current computer?

Also make sure you are using the latest version of Office Deployment Tool for Office 2019 deployment. Then try the following comfiguration.xml (You can change the SourcePath to your location):

<Configuration>
      <Add Add SourcePath="C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop" OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019" >
          <Product ID="ProPlus2019Volume" PIDKEY="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" >
             <Language ID="en-us" />
          </Product>
      </Add>
    </Configuration>

For the PIDKEY, replace #####-#####-#####-#####-##### with your MAK client activation key. Check if you can install Office 2019 properly.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:52 AM
  • I was trying to configure without doing the /download first.  I was able to do it successfully in the past, but now I only find success when I download the materials and specify the location in the XML file.
    • Marked as answer by IllegalCereal Friday, October 26, 2018 4:30 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2018 6:30 PM

Do you mean you can install Office 2019 now?

Use ODT to deploy Office 365 ProPlus and Office 2019, the steps include download Office with /download and install Office with /configure. And we can use the same configuration.xml file for both downloading and installation.

The following article talked about how to deploy Office 2019 with ODT:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/office2019/deploy

Hope it helps :)

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue?

Feel free to post back for more discussion.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Friday, October 26, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Winnie,

I can't determine what the problem was, but I assume I had a frayed connection to the MS servers when I was trying to get the materials needed for the installation.  All is resolved now.  Thank you for your eagerness to help.

Friday, October 26, 2018 5:26 PM