Incoming Mail Server uses port RRS feed

• Question

• We have been given port number to login into our email , eg

email.domain.com:85

when we open that on browser roundcube opens up and we specify our email id and password.

Issue arise when we try to configure this into outlook, we need to specify incoming mail server .

We have used email.domain.com , email.domain.com:85 , nothing works for us.

We have tried using both POP and IMAP.

help will be much appreciated.

Monday, January 15, 2018 3:39 PM

All replies

• Have you contacted your mail provider for the specific account settings?
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:24 AM
  • to use webmail we need to specify port number in url, as said above like email.domain.com:85.

They have used hmailserver and roundcube to create an email server. Is there any option in outlook where i can provide the port number which can be used instead of default port 80?

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:25 PM
  • Hi Mmodit,

From the description, it looks like you want to configure an Exchange account as IMAP or POP in your Outlook client, correct? If this is the case, you may have a look at the following articles and see whether they are helpful:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124934(v=exchg.160).aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124489%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:51 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going now? Please don't hesitate to post back if you would like further assistance on this issue.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:12 AM