Trying this again. Outlook 2016 Corrupted Credential Issue. RRS feed

• Question

• This has been an ongoing problem. HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home. Purchased last fall. For the last few months there has been a problem connecting to exchange. At the bottom right corner of the screen there is a message that Outlook is not connected to Exchange. Login needed.

Here is what I have done so far:

The Online quick and full repair

Uninstalled and reinstalled the program

Used the credential manager to remove the Office365 credentials.  This is the only way to temporally fix the problem, but it only lasts about a week.

I noticed they were running 3 virus programs.  I deleted 2 of them.  Only running defender.

The laptop was purchased from BestBuy.  I have talked to them about it.  No help there.  The rest of the laptop is running fine.  It is just Outlook.

It isn't anything to do with the exchange server or Office365.  They have no problems logging in online.

If anyone has a suggestion on what to do next it will really be appreciated.

Thank you!

Brian

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:13 AM
    Monday, April 2, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Brian,

Have you tried recreating your Outlook profile? https://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:19 PM
  • is the computer domain joined?

does the user of this computer work outside of the domain?

does your company use office 365?

does your company host it's own exchange?

both, hybrid?

so many ways this can go wrong buck-o.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:22 PM
  • is the computer domain joined? - No

does the user of this computer work outside of the domain? - No

does your company use office 365? - Yes, online access is fine

does your company host it's own exchange? - Yes

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:55 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Does this issue happen to all users?

Have you followed Simon's suggestion to create a new profile to see the result?

According to my research, Outlook connection issues could be caused by the RPC encryption requirement. Please refer to this KB article to check whether this is the case for you.

Besides, we could run the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration tool in Outlook when the issue occurs to check the autodiscover service which is used for Exchange connections. Please refer to the steps below.

1. While Outlook is running, press and hold down the CTRL key, and then right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray or notification area on the lower-right corner of the screen.

2. From the menu, select Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.

3. Enter your email address and password.

4. Clear the Use Guessmart and Secure Guessmart Authentication check boxes.

5. Ensure that the Use Autodiscover check box is selected.

6. Click test.

Please collect the tool results here with the Log information so that we can do more research.

If there are any error messages, please feel free to post back for further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:10 AM
  • Hi Brian,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 6, 2018 5:50 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Any updates with this issue?

I'm wondering whether the above information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, April 9, 2018 1:09 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Have you found the fix? If there are any updates, it will be much appreciated you could share here so it will benefit other members in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, April 23, 2018 8:27 AM