none
exchange 2007 hub transport MAPIdelivery queued RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just encountered problem that Hub server cannot route mail to mailbox server and pending on MAPIdelivery queue. But there is no error on queue and I need to restart information store service on mailbox server but after a minute, it pending on MAPIdelivery queue again.

anyone can help me for solve this urgent issue.

thanks

Keith

Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:21 PM

All replies

• hi,

I found that the CCR mailbox server need to take a hour to accept the mail from HUB's MAPIDelivery queue. We suspect that some of database encountered problem after failover. Checked that CCR is normal but the memory usage is high. Mailbox server is 8 GB ram and store.exe is using 5 ~ 6GB. Is it normal ?

After a hour, the queue is back to normal. How can I found which database encounter problem ? The event log does not have any error recorded.

Please help and thanks

Keith 

Sunday, December 15, 2013 3:49 PM
  • The memory use by store.exe seems about right. It may even be a little low. :-)

If you were restarting the information store service while it was in the process of replaying log files you'd see that sort of behavior. Your application log should have recorded an event when the database was ready to be used.

Finding the source of a problem like this after the fact isn't always possible. Running PerfMon while the problem was ongoing would have provided you with lots of information that would be useful.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Hi,

To narrow down the issue, as what Rich mentioned above, we can use the Performance Monitor tool to collect related information and then analyze it.

A related article: Getting started with Exchange 2007 Performance monitoring and Windows 2008

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:35 AM
  • 1. Would restarting Mail Submission Service Clears the queues and allow the mail for delivery ?

2. Are Queues empty when a Failover/Failback is attempted ?

As a last resource moving mailboxes to another store would help us fix the logical corruption that the Database is affected with!

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

• Proposed as answer by PK M Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:11 AM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:19 AM