none
Outlook profile migration with USMT

Question

• Hi All,

I'm having issue with USMT to migrate Outlook Profile.

Environment :
    - Client computer : Win7 x64 and Win10 x64 fully patched
    - Office 2010 SP2 fully patched (I have the same problem with Office 2013)
    - Latest version of USMT

Currently, I'm using USMT standalone without any other tool.  I just want it to work before integrating other tools.

I've tried with 2 different Win7 computer and a Win10 computer.  I even tried to load the profile onto the same workstation (Win7 and Win10) after having deleted the profile, without success.

The Outlook profile it simply not migrated.  The Exchange config, signatures, nothing is present after the LoadState.

The signatures are not present in the USMT store.

I'm using the default migapp, miguser and migdocs XML files.

Here's with ScanState and LoadState commands (Z: is a network drive) :

scanstate Z:\ProfileFolder /v:5 /o /c /i:miguser.xml /i:migdocs.xml /i:migdocs.xml /ue:%computername%\* /ue:DOMAIN\AdminUser /localonly

loadstate  /c /i:migapp.xml /i:miguser.xml /i:migdocs.xml Z:\ProfileFolder /v:5 /all /progress:progress.log /l:load.log

Any idea why it is not load the Outlook profile ?  I've seen nothing particular in the logs files.  What should I look for in the logs ?

Thank you,

Dominic

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:03 PM

All replies

• My bad, I had an error in my ScanState command (migdocs.xml was listed twice and migapp.xml was missing).  It works now with the correct parameters...

Thank you,

Dominic

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:51 PM
  • Hi  Dominic C at Optimum,

I am glad you have figured out the issue by yourself and thanks for updating.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:32 AM
  • you can always use USMTGUI to run USMT. Apart from syntax help USMTGUI validates the migration by running through the log's etc. NOT freeware, but it is a $10 timesaver.

Exchange account settings migrate but not the .OST file(s) as this will corrupt. The .OST file is an exchange Cache file and should never be copied.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:46 AM