Toolbar and files disappeared from SP library view - do not know why or how RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I ran into this last week so I am hoping someone can help me or explain what may have happened.

I set up a library called Upload that allows staff and one outsider to upload files.  Luckily, before this library was messed up, a colleague sent me a snapshot of it for another reason, so here is what it looked like before it was messed up:

About an hour later, another colleague told me that they can no longer see the files, and the toolbar (new; upload; actions; etc.) disappeared.  I viewed it and sure enough, here's what it looks like now:

Keep in mind that I am the only person who has access to SharePoint Designer and the server, so no one else could have gone into SPD and messed it up.

I went into SPD and all of the files are still there.  See below:

So I can't seem to figure out what happened, especially with the toolbar and files disappearing like you see above.  Has this ever happened to anyone before?  Any idea what I can do to repair it?

Thanks - Mike

Mike Walton

Monday, April 23, 2012 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Someone must have deleted/closed the webpart

Go to Site Actions -> Edit page -> Add web part

Select the name of library ("Upload" ) which should be under 'Lists and libraries' section.

And add it to the page.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

• Marked as answer by Deaf Guy 2 Monday, April 23, 2012 3:06 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Someone must have deleted/closed the webpart

Go to Site Actions -> Edit page -> Add web part

Select the name of library ("Upload" ) which should be under 'Lists and libraries' section.

And add it to the page.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

• Marked as answer by Deaf Guy 2 Monday, April 23, 2012 3:06 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Great.  That did it.  Thank you so much for your help.

Mike Walton

Monday, April 23, 2012 3:07 PM