scom 2012 r2 DFS management packs mp windows 2008 r2 servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having an issue in getting the 2008 r2 DFS namespaces  servers to show up after installing the "Windows Server File & iSCSI Services 2012" and "Windows Server File & iSCSI Services 2012 R2".  The attached mp documentation says to "Remove all existing DFS namespaces packs prior to installing the new dfs namespaces pack". However, the 2012 mp doesn't seem to include 2008 mp. 

Does anyone have a guide or can clarify the install/upgrade instructions? 

Thanks.

Thursday, January 1, 2015 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to use the new DFS namespaces pack, you may remove any existing DFS Namespaces packs prior to installing the new DFS Namespaces pack. If you want to monitor DFS 2008, you may try below management pack, it should be also suitable for SCOM 2012:

File Services Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14307

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, January 19, 2015 7:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:38 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:14 AM

All replies

• Regarding to DFS MP Guide, this management pack contain both for windows 2008\2012

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, January 5, 2015 5:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, January 12, 2015 9:23 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Yes, but this doesn't answer my question. All the DFS MP guide say to remove the previous DFS MP in the system and upload the latest DFS MP. What if I am using DFS 2008 with 2012 servers? I'm confused. 
    Friday, January 9, 2015 3:04 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to use the new DFS namespaces pack, you may remove any existing DFS Namespaces packs prior to installing the new DFS Namespaces pack. If you want to monitor DFS 2008, you may try below management pack, it should be also suitable for SCOM 2012:

File Services Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14307

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, January 19, 2015 7:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:38 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:14 AM
  • Years passed by and I bump this one up again. Found out about the "newer" Version of the DFS-N and DFS-R Management pack. Followed the instructions. No Windows 2008 R2 Servers showing up, though the MP Guide says it is supported. So whats the deal? Still have to use the age-old Management pack from 2010?
    Friday, July 28, 2017 4:57 AM