none
Some Pages not Loading RRS feed

• Question

• Can't get the weather.com page for local weather or local maps to load on ie 11 but are working on firefox. This just started 2 days ago when 50% of all my preferred sites stopped loading; all have returned except the weather.com site. There was also a severe rain storm that happened at the same time but don't know how that could affect this page from loading: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/Bell+FL+32619.  Any help is appreciated.
    Saturday, February 28, 2015 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you asked your ISP if they have had any disruptions? Local weather may affect how your ISP's route their traffic.

You can diagnose any connection problems by clicking the "Fix connection problems" on the "This page cannot be displayed" error page. If the wizard does not detect any connection errors and repair them, then most likely the time to dead will be the cause... indicating an ISP routing issue.

Your ISP may have re-routed traffic from your locality. Typically , it will take around 30 seconds for the error page to appear, once the request has 'gone dead'. They can at a later date reconfigure their routers back to their usual routes.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Include with your questions the FULL address of any websites you are having problems with and the full title and messages of any error pages you receive.

I have no problems accessing the weather.com address you provided.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, March 2, 2015 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that this issue only happened in Internet Explorer?

I would suggets you clear the browsing cache history, check the result, click internet options\General\Delete...

Or just reset IE to have a check, Internet Options\Advanced\Reset (please note that you will lose some IE settings)

Mesanwhile, run virus scan.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 2, 2015 6:02 AM
  • Not isp problem since it loads using firefox and will load the primary page weather.com just not sub links for locals
    Monday, March 2, 2015 4:06 PM
  • All these suggestios were done long before presenting this subject here to no avail. thanks
    Monday, March 2, 2015 4:07 PM
  • 50% of all my preferred sites stopped loading

Most of the time I think this is a symptom of slow DNS.  You can use the Developer Tools, Network Capture tool to check.  Make sure that you already have the NC running for something else first and that you do not allow Clear entries on navigation (which is an unfortunate default in the NC toolbar).

how that could affect this page from loading: http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/Bell+FL+32619

It is slow loading.  The page stays unnecessarily blank for too long but you can see in the NC that lots of stuff has come in and is being processed.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, March 2, 2015 5:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default".

Trusted sites icon>Sites button,

remove weather.com from your Trusted sites list.

weather.com uses profile.weather.com to validate your credentials.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Nothing in trusted sites, all security is set at default levels so this is not the problem. thanks
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 4:53 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned by Robert, the website loads very slowly, especially in its sub links. have you tried to add the website to compatibility view setting and check if it can make it better in your situation?

Or test the website in IE in another user acocunt\create a new account.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Page does not load slowly in firefox and before it loaded at same speed as the other pages I visit; I can dowload weather.com and add the national weather map and it loads just fine and quickly; but none of the specific loacals I enter will load. Say I put 27886, or 32608 or any other zip and then it stops loading and goes gray but shows some outlines of what should be shown. Can leave here all day and never loads anymore. So far the only thing that has helped me it to watch my weather reports on firefox but doesn't fix the problem.
     I tried changing security levels, resetting ie, commpatability vies, managing addon, and a host of other stuff including hosts file but nothing works, yet.
    • Edited by msgdew Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:02 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:00 PM
  • Problem solved by uninstalling ie 11 and then testing and later re-installing ie11 and it still works. Now the only problem is IE no longer shows up in control panel under programs and features, don't know where it went but not there but installed. Thanks 
    Friday, March 6, 2015 5:35 AM
  • IE no longer shows up in control panel under programs and features 
    In W8 it is in Windows Features.  Access it by Turn Windows features on or off  (Win-w fe on of)

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, March 6, 2015 7:03 AM
    Answerer
  • Windows 7
    Friday, March 6, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Windows 7

Same place.  Different method of access.  E.g. (probably, depending on your Start Menu options): Ctrl-Esc Wi Fe

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, March 6, 2015 5:54 PM
    Answerer
  • If ie wasn't turned on it wouldn't work, but it is highlighted in the turn windows features on, under programs and features in control panel.
    Saturday, March 7, 2015 4:58 AM
  • Hi, everybody.

In my case the same problem (some sites not loading) started happening after applying FREAK workaround (3046015). I reverted the workaround, rebooted and IE started loading all pages again, BUT is reported as UNSAFE at https://freakattack.com/

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3046015

This is Windows 7 IE 11 w/latest updates.

Wonder if msgdew checked https://freakattack.com/ after reinstalling IE.

I recommend MS checks this more thoroughly.

Thanks 

Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:14 PM
  • Never heard of freak or its work around, so this was not my problem as far as I know.
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Thanks for pointing it out, msgdew.

As for systems I've seen, applying the 3046015 workaround consistently prevents IE from loading numerous websites, which do load fine in Firefox.

Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:47 PM
  • Problem solved by uninstalling ie 11 and then testing and later re-installing ie11 and it still works. Now the only problem is IE no longer shows up in control panel under programs and features, don't know where it went but not there but installed. Thanks 

Hi,

Glad to hear that issue has gone, in Windows 7, IE 11 is installed as an update, you can find it under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\Installed updates.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:00 AM
  • If ie wasn't turned on it wouldn't work, but it is highlighted in the turn windows features on, under programs and features in control panel.

If IE11 is installed it will show in Windows Features as Internet Explorer 11.  Otherwise, it will be something lower.  Even if it is not checked your OS will then have browsing functionality at that level.  E.g. the only difference would be that iexplore.exe or its shortcuts would not be found.  If you do have iexplore.exe but don't have any shortcuts for it that would be rare but you could make some, which would probably be the simplest fix for that symptom.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:47 AM
    Answerer