PST Capture stops working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The Pst migration works for a while. Then it suddenly stops importing (No information about this in the gui)

I can se from the Service log that it gets some exception. After the exception there's a couple of lines in the log and then it stops.

I need to reboot the server to get it working again.

Thank you for your help.

.System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetBytes(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index, Int32 nDataOffset, Byte[] bDest, Int32 nStart, Int32 nLength)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetValue(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index, SQLiteType typ)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar()
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.Engine.DB.DBConfiguration.GetValueInternal(ConfigurationSetting setting)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.Engine.DB.DBConfiguration.GetValue(ConfigurationSetting setting)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.Engine.Repository.RepositoryConfiguration.GetValue[T](ConfigurationSetting setting)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.ImportListImporter.UpdateList(RepositoryImportList importList)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.ImportScheduler.CheckImportSchedules()
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.PstCentralService.DoPollDb(Object state)
    13:57:42.148|Trace  |Listener            |5  |Accepted incoming connection from 10.27.3.55:2735
    13:57:42.151|Trace  |CentralService      |780|Received message from Agent
    13:57:42.151|Trace  |Request parser      |780|Processing configuration request from Agent
    13:57:42.154|Trace  |Listener            |5  |Accepted incoming connection from 10.30.73.92:2297
    13:57:42.166|Trace  |CentralService      |789|Received message from Agent
    13:57:42.167|Trace  |Request parser      |789|Processing configuration request from Agent
    13:57:42.167|Trace  |CentralService      |801|Received message from Agent
    13:57:42.167|Trace  |Request parser      |801|Processing configuration request from Agent
    13:57:42.168|Trace  |Listener            |5  |Accepted incoming connection from 10.130.7.80:3868
    13:57:42.172|Trace  |CentralService      |814|Received message from Agent
    13:57:42.172|Trace  |Request parser      |814|Processing configuration request from Agent
    13:57:42.179|Trace  |Listener            |5  |Accepted incoming connection from 10.31.73.91:1072
    13:57:42.197|Trace  |CentralService      |432|Received message from Agent
    13:57:42.197|Trace  |Request parser      |432|Processing configuration request from Agent
    13:57:42.203|Trace  |CentralService      |70 |Received message from Agent
    13:57:42.203|Trace  |Request parser      |70 |Processing configuration request from Agent
    13:57:42.208|Trace  |Listener            |5  |Accepted incoming connection from 10.29.1.100:2299

Monday, October 1, 2012 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi borderman,

Please post the full error message in Event Viewer\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft Exchange PSTCapture here.

You can also check the error information in  "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Exchange\PST Capture\Logs"

How large these pst files are? If possible, please manually import these pst files.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Here´s the errors from EventLog.

the pst size isn't that large. (0-3 GB)

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Exchange\PST Capture\Logs" Log files doesnt say anything more than the "System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

Thank you

CentralService
    Error occured in database update check
    System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetBytes(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index, Int32 nDataOffset, Byte[] bDest, Int32 nStart, Int32 nLength)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetValue(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index, SQLiteType typ)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteScalar()
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.Engine.DB.DBConfiguration.GetValueInternal(ConfigurationSetting setting)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.Engine.DB.DBConfiguration.GetValue(ConfigurationSetting setting)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.Engine.Repository.RepositoryConfiguration.GetValue[T](ConfigurationSetting setting)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.ImportListImporter.UpdateList(RepositoryImportList importList)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.ImportScheduler.CheckImportSchedules()
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.PstCentralService.DoPollDb(Object state)

Import Action
    Error during import
    System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.MAPI.Engine.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Microsoft.Exchange.PSTCapture.MAPI.Engine" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.ImportListImporter.ImportFile(RepositoryImportFile file)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.Actions.StartImportAction.RunImport(Object state)

PstToolImporting
    Import of 'D:\Staging\e6b80333-adf2-40e8-9a0c-485a5f1e2997.pst' did not complete
    System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.MAPI.Engine.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Microsoft.Exchange.PSTCapture.MAPI.Engine" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
       at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.MAPI.Engine.MapiMessage.SaveChanges()
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.ImportEngine.PstExchangeImporter.StartImport(String pstPath, String passWord, ImportOptions options, List`1& problems)

Listener
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.SocketMessageStream.SendResponse()
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.SocketMessageStream.HandleClient(MessageReadyCallback messageReadyCallback)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.SocketListener.HandleRequest(TcpClient client)

Listener
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.SocketMessageStream.HandleClient(MessageReadyCallback messageReadyCallback)
       at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.SocketListener.HandleRequest(TcpClient client)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Hi borderman,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Please wait for a moment.Thanks.

Frank Wang

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:07 AM
  • I'm experiencing a similar error. A reboot does not fix it.

The GUI shows this:

Import error: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.MAPI.Engine.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Microsoft.Exchange.PSTCapture.MAPI.Engine" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

The MapiComServer log shows this:

11:05:58.452|Info   |RedGateMapi         |1  |RedGateMapi Started
    11:05:58.452|Info   |RedGateMapi         |1  |RedGateMapi 14.3.16.4
    11:05:58.452|Info   |RedGateMapi         |1  |-Embedding
    11:05:58.467|Debug  |Provider            |1  |LogonToExchange: PST.Capture@company.com; server: server.domain.com
    11:05:58.467|Info   |MapiAccess          |1  |Initialize
    11:05:58.952|Debug  |MapiAccess          |1  |Initialize success
    11:05:58.952|Debug  |MapiAccess          |1  |RgMapiAccess::Logon PST.Capture@company.com RedGateMapi42_{0086C7FB-FF05-4297-8593-1283244FBBB8}
    11:05:59.328|Debug  |MapiAccess          |1  |Configure msg service server-server.domain.com mailbox-PST.Capture@company.com
    11:05:59.703|Debug  |MapiAccess          |1  |Mapi Logon returned        0
    11:05:59.719|Debug  |Provider            |1  |OpenMailbox, mailbox: /o=EXCH/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user/guid=7af96674-53cf-4fef-a018-5ad9e08f7bc3, server: server.domain.com
    11:05:59.719|Debug  |MapiAccess          |1  |OpenMailbox /o=EXCH/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user/guid=7af96674-53cf-4fef-a018-5ad9e08f7bc3 on server.domain.com

11:05:59.891|Debug  |Provider            |1  |OpenPSTFile: D:\PSTStaging\14fc611c-f579-4be8-b6df-f52dc6152b34.pst
    11:05:59.891|Debug  |Provider            |1  |OpenFile: D:\PSTStaging\14fc611c-f579-4be8-b6df-f52dc6152b34.pst
    11:06:12.622|Error  |                    |1  |HRESULT 8004060c in function CMsg::SaveChanges, line: 441, (file CMsg::SaveChanges)
    11:06:14.874|Debug  |Provider            |1  |ClosePSTFile: D:\PSTStaging\14fc611c-f579-4be8-b6df-f52dc6152b34.pst

The Microsoft Exchange PST Capture Event Log shows this:

PstToolImporting

Import of 'D:\PSTStaging\14fc611c-f579-4be8-b6df-f52dc6152b34.pst' did not complete

at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)

at RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.MAPI.Engine.MapiMessage.SaveChanges()

at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.ImportEngine.PstExchangeImporter.StartImport(String pstPath, String passWord, ImportOptions options, List`1& problems)

ImportListImporter

Import error:

at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.ImportListImporter.ImportFile(RepositoryImportFile file)

Import Action

Error during import

at RedGate.PSTImporterForExchange.CentralService.Actions.StartImportAction.RunImport(Object state)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:20 PM
  • I have the exact same error. Downloaded the PST Capture Tool and started my first test. 2GB PST file. 

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:31 PM
  • Hi Frank.

Hi did you find anyone to involve?

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:22 AM
  • Hi borderman,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I had already escalated the thread to the high-level support engineer since my last reply.

Frank Wang

Monday, October 29, 2012 2:24 AM
  • Hello Borderman

Looking at the error and some research it looks like more of a language issue

how was the PST exported ?

Is the user using same local as the mailbox you are trying to import ?

Are you seeing the same problem for all the PST/user or only to few?

Do you see any similarity between the failures ?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:40 AM
  • The pst was exported from outlook. (Archive or manaully). I guess its the same local becasuse its the same user.

The problem is only with a few. I cant see any similarity

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:00 AM
  • The eventlog also say this:

The Microsoft Exchange PST Capture Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 4 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service

Friday, November 9, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Hi borderman,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I had already escalated the thread to the high-level support engineer since my last reply.

Any update from the escalation?

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Any word on this?

I'm getting a similar error:

Import error: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "RedGate.ExchangeArchiver.MAPI.Engine.Properties.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Microsoft.Exchange.PSTCapture.MAPI.Engine" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed

I've upload numerous files of varying sizes. (a few mb to 5gb).  There is only one that is giving me issue. It's 2gb in size.   I ran the PSTrepair tool on the file and that didn't fix it.

It gets so far as to see the number of folders and number of messages to upload and then errors out on the file.

Monday, November 26, 2012 2:11 PM
  • In my case it was non unicode pst file from old outlook version (such as Outlook 2007).  I've connected this pst file to Outlook 2010 and created new pst file. Then i've moved  content manually from one pst to the new one. Then i've imported newely created pst  successfully.

• Proposed as answer by Pavel Antipov Thursday, December 17, 2015 11:18 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 11:17 AM