SMS 2003 servicepack 3 setup /testdbupgrade fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I whan to upgrade SMS 2003 to SP3.

I've got this error when running "setup.exe /testdbupgrade databasename" command.

CSql::Execute failed, SQL error <[42000][15151][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot find the object 'v_CM_RES_COLL_SM000457', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Basically, the sms database is from sql 2000. We have restored the database on to sql 2005 and running the "setup.exe /testdbupgrade databasename" command.

In reality, the object is existing in "system" schema. What additional permissions is required to avoid such problems.

Any way to solve this problem ?

Thank you guys.
    <form enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" method="post"><input name="act" type="hidden" value="post" /> <input name="cat" type="hidden" value="7071" /> <input name="titre" type="hidden" value="setup.exe /testdbupgrade databasename fails with CSql::Execute failed, SQL" /> <input name="texte" type="hidden" value="Hello, I whan to upgrade SMS 2003 to SP3. I've got this error when running "setup.exe /testdbupgrade databasename" command. CSql::Execute failed, SQL error <[42000][15151][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot find the object 'v_CM_RES_COLL_SM000457', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Basically, the sms database is from sql 2000. We have restored the database on to sql 2005 and running the "setup.exe /testdbupgrade databasename" command. In reality, the object is existing in "system" schema. What additional permissions is required to avoid such problems. Any way to solve this problem ? Thank you guys." /> <input name="preview" type="hidden" value="off" />

<input id="btn_edit" class="bouton" name="btn_edit" type="submit" value="Edit" /><input id="btn_edit_wait" class="bouton" style="width: 70px; display: none;" type="text" value="Please wait..." /> <input id="btn_post" class="bouton" name="btn_post" type="submit" value="Valid your message" /><input id="btn_post_wait" class="bouton" style="width: 70px; display: none;" type="text" value="Please wait..." />

</form>
    • Moved by Sabrina Shen Monday, May 9, 2011 10:16 AM SP3 Upgrade (From:Configuration Manager Backup and Recovery)
    Sunday, May 1, 2011 10:12 PM

Answers

All replies