copy/paste results in an attachment rather than an inline image RRS feed

• Question

• Can I prevent Outlook from automatically attaching the image I copied from the file explorer? I need to insert the image in the email body!
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:20 AM

Answers

• Can I prevent Outlook from automatically attaching the image I copied from the file explorer? I need to insert the image in the email body!

Hi Seychell,

As far as I know, this is an expected behavior that when copying an image from the File Explorer, the picture will be inserted as an attachment in Outlook. 

In order to insert a picture into the body of an message, it is suggested to use the following steps:

1. Position your cursor where you want the image in your message.
    2. In the ribbon, select Insert > Pictures.

3. Browse your computer or online file locations for the picture you want to insert. Select the picture, then select Insert.
    4. To resize the picture, drag the handles at one of the four corners toward the center of the image or away from the center.

Reference: Attach files or insert pictures in Outlook email messages

Additionally, based on my test, when copying a image from another application like Paint, Snipping tool or Word, etc., the image can be pasted in the body of a email. So as an workaround, you may consider the two methods below as well:

Alternative 1 : Right click the image in File explorer, click Edit to open the picture in Paint, then you can press Ctrl+C in Paint and then paste the image into the email body in Outlook.

Alternative 2 : Open another application like Word, copy the image from file explorer into Word, then select the image in Word, copy it and paste it into the email body.

Hope the above information can be helpful. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:32 AM