SCCM 2007 SP2 RTM installation fails RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have SCCM 2007 R2 with service pack one installed in my organization. Now I am trying to upgrade the same with SP2 RTM. While upgrading i am gearing the following errors and the update is failed.

File hash check failed: 0x80070002
    VerifyExternalFile failed: 0x80070002
    Failed to find valid source for required external file
    Unable to find valid source for required file 'msrdcoob_amd64.exe'. Aborting setup.
    Setup has encountered fatal errors while performing file operations.

The operating system of my SCCM server is windows 2008 with sp1

Regards,

Sheril

Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Sheril,

It seemed that hash check failed, I'd like to suggest you re-download SP2 from this link:

Download details: Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3318741a-c038-4ab1-852a-e9c13f8a8140&displaylang=en
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:55 AM
  • Thanks Eric,

the problem got resolved. i have re-downloaded the SP2.
    thanks for your Support.

• Marked as answer by Sheril K Jose Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:18 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Seems like your download went not okay. I suggest download the pack again and give it another try.
    Please mark posts as Answered if appropriate.
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:10 AM
  • I'm also having an installation problem with SCCM SP2. The problems is to do with a server principal error. As the check is being done on the remote SQL Server it's checking for the [domain\computername$]. The problem is the domain seems to be in the incorrect format. The domain name on my end would be [domain.com\computername$]

This is the check that SCCM setup is executing : SqlExecute <IF NOT EXISTS (select * from master.sys.server_principals where name='domain\FIBER8$') CREATE LOGIN [domain\FIBER8$] FROM WINDOWS>

This of course fails with unknown user or group. If I execute the command on the SQL server with the format domain.com\FIBER8$, it executes properly. Haven't been able to find where SCCM setup is pulling the value from.

Any input.

Ralph
    Monday, November 2, 2009 11:54 PM
  • Hi Sheril,

It seemed that hash check failed, I'd like to suggest you re-download SP2 from this link:

Download details: Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3318741a-c038-4ab1-852a-e9c13f8a8140&displaylang=en
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:55 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    Monday, November 9, 2009 4:00 AM
  • Thanks Eric,

the problem got resolved. i have re-downloaded the SP2.
    thanks for your Support.

• Marked as answer by Sheril K Jose Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:18 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:17 PM