Unable to send mails to some domain RRS feed

• Question

• guys , i stuck up with one of the domain as mail are not getting through from my exchange organization, i tried to diagnose the issue but not getting much help , where to go .. Using exchange 2007 With MBX, CASHUB and Edge in place. So when i am sending an email it getting stuck in my edge server. I tried the exchange connectivity test as well and found " Attempting to find the SPF record using a DNS TEXT record query. ExRCA wasn't able to find the SPF record.' do not know this could be the reason or issue with DNS . So any suggestion what else i can check to fix the issues. Pls find the below step i tried from my edge server...

Saturday, July 7, 2012 4:03 AM

All replies

• You should copy and paste the text instead of screen shots for those.

A missing SPF record could cause some organizations to reject your mail.  It's even more likely your domain blacklisted, your IP address is blacklisted, or you have some other problem that's tricking the spam filters.

You can try to do a telnet to port 25 of the organizations' mail servers from your edge and try to send them a message.  Maybe you'll see something in the response code.  You can also see that by enabling SMTP protocol logging and looking the logs.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, July 7, 2012 4:42 AM
  • Hi Ed.. I tried as suggested please find the below, apart from this as the protocol logging is enabled but i did not to see the logs towards that domain " ripley.com.pe" Apart from this i added the mx records for "ripley.com.pe" on mine DNS host files as well does that help here ?? seems to be not still mail is stuck in mine Edge server 
    ----------------------------------------------------- 
    220 smtp.bancoripley.com.pe, smtp.ripley.com.pe 
    HELO abc.com 
    250 smtp.ripley.com.pe 
    MAIL FROM:jugal@abc.com 
    250 2.1.0 Ok 
    RCPT TO:user@ripley.com.pe 
    250 2.1.5 Ok 
    DATA 
    354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF> 
    SUBJECT:Test Mail pls ignore it 

250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 95813290043 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monday, July 9, 2012 8:42 AM
  • I don't understand what you are saying.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:23 AM
  • More information about email issues, all abc's email sent to @ripley.com.pe are refused. 
    The customer inform to us that they have an internet IP change, then could be necessary update the records into our servers. 

Ripley’s technical area inform to us his publics IP addresses for his exchange servers. As they say, we must configure it into our DNS, so why we need to configure in my DNS ??? i did not get this ..
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:42 AM
  • You shouldn't have to do that.  He's asking you to fix his misconfiguration.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:49 PM