MOF Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a plan for a MOF certification ?
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Toto, 
    Well, the MOF Cetification already exist, but this doesn't a Microsoft Certification. The EXIN that apply this exam, the price of the exam is $160. Take a look http://www.exin-exams.com/exams/exam-program/mof/moff.aspx 

But, pay attention: This is a MOF 3.0 Exam, not MOF 4.0. 

Before the exam was called MOFE (Microsoft Operations Framework Essentials), but now (since 12/2007) the exam name was changed to MOFF (Microsoft Operations Framework Foundation). Here in Brazil I'm the first person to be certified, maybe the first  in the world :) 

I have a document that contain more details about MOFF Exam, but is only in Portuguese :( 
    See http://www.clebermarques.com/index.php?secao=mof 

Regards 

Cleber Marques 
    MOF Brazil Project 
    www.clebermarques.com
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:33 PM
  • Welcome Toto!
    Cleber is correct in his reply, but I'd like to add some additional details for you.  Microsoft has worked in partnership with EXIN to create the MOF-Foundation exam and while this examination is offered and goverened by EXIN, it is done with Microsoft's full support, edorsement, and involvement.  We chose EXIN to manage the certification program as they have a proven track record for independent assessment, measurement, and quality test design. 

While the exam that is currently being offered is based on MOF 3.0, the exam will be updated to reflect the MOF 4.0 material this summer and you can expect to see new training offerings coming from EXIN certified partners to support both the new Framework and the exam.  Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.
    Thank you,
    Jason Osborne
    Jason Osborne | PMP| MOF Frameworks Program Manager
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Toto, 
    Well, the MOF Cetification already exist, but this doesn't a Microsoft Certification. The EXIN that apply this exam, the price of the exam is $160. Take a look http://www.exin-exams.com/exams/exam-program/mof/moff.aspx 

But, pay attention: This is a MOF 3.0 Exam, not MOF 4.0. 

Before the exam was called MOFE (Microsoft Operations Framework Essentials), but now (since 12/2007) the exam name was changed to MOFF (Microsoft Operations Framework Foundation). Here in Brazil I'm the first person to be certified, maybe the first  in the world :) 

I have a document that contain more details about MOFF Exam, but is only in Portuguese :( 
    See http://www.clebermarques.com/index.php?secao=mof 

Regards 

Cleber Marques 
    MOF Brazil Project 
    www.clebermarques.com
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 1:33 PM
  • Welcome Toto!
    Cleber is correct in his reply, but I'd like to add some additional details for you.  Microsoft has worked in partnership with EXIN to create the MOF-Foundation exam and while this examination is offered and goverened by EXIN, it is done with Microsoft's full support, edorsement, and involvement.  We chose EXIN to manage the certification program as they have a proven track record for independent assessment, measurement, and quality test design. 

While the exam that is currently being offered is based on MOF 3.0, the exam will be updated to reflect the MOF 4.0 material this summer and you can expect to see new training offerings coming from EXIN certified partners to support both the new Framework and the exam.  Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.
    Thank you,
    Jason Osborne
    Jason Osborne | PMP| MOF Frameworks Program Manager
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:49 PM
  • I am Larry McMenamy and I work for EXIN US. We are launching our MOF v4 examination this June. We are also going to manage the accreditation of MOF v4 for MS. We will be announcing more about this soon with Microsoft.

Thanks for your interest in MOF v4 and EXIN.
    Larry McMenamy
    larry.mcmenamy@exin-us-.org
    Account Manager, EXIN US
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Microsoft and EXIN will be announcing this soon.
    Account Manager, EXIN US
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:19 PM
  • Hi Jason, thanks to explain to us, and Larry let me know, the new MOF 4.0 exam will be different of Exin MOFF exam? I need to know because I'm MOFF certified and if the new exam to be different I will to do this exam too.

Tnx guys.

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project
    www.clebermarques.com
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:32 PM
  • Cleber,

Yes the new EXIN MOF v4 examination will be different from the V3.

We will anoounce it with MS as soon as we have a final date.

Thanks for your interest in MS and EXIN.
    Larry
    Account Manager, EXIN US
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:54 PM
  •  So, Jason - will we have a Beta edition of MOF v4 test just like last year during our TR5 event? any plans?
    Khalid Hakim | IT Operations Consultant | MOF Trainer | ITIL Service Manager | ISO20000 Consultant | MSF Practitioner | PMP
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 7:25 PM
  • Larry, tnx for you answer, I'm really interested in the new MOF 4.0 Exam. Tell to me, pelase, this new exam will have a new certificate or this will be the same certificate of MOFF?

And, Khalid, good idea, and, I could to do this beta exam too? I'm relly want to test anything about MOF :)

Tnx guys

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project
    www.clebermarques.com
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Hi Guys,

for the MOF v3 exam I couldn't found a good book or something. Are there plans that Microsoft is going to publish a good book for MOF4?

Regards,

Melle
    Monday, May 5, 2008 10:11 AM
  • Hi Melle, 

For the MOF 3.0 Certification (MOF Foundation) you can to study by this book: MOF Pocket Guide (http://www.vhpshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=60), just for the MOF 4.0, the certification will be coming and still doesn't have a book, only Microsoft documents. 

But, I want to launch a free e-book in my site, in portuguese and in english, talking about the MOFF Certification, coming soon :) 

I hope this help you, 
    Regards,

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project
    www.clebermarques.com
    Monday, May 5, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply.
    I will wait for the new certification.

Cleber could you please let me know when you plan to launch your free e-book.

Regards
    Stephane
    Monday, May 5, 2008 9:03 PM
  • Hi Stephane,
    All right friend, I'm to do this e-book and I will announce on this forum when this is completed, soon, soon.
    Regards.

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project
    www.clebermarques.com
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:58 AM
  • Cleber,

The EXIN exam is a Microsoft exam since the summer of last year. We have been updating the exam which was tested for the first time at TR5 and released shortly after that.

For MOF v3 there is more than the pocket guide to learn. You can use the MOF summary for your study.... how can I upload a doc on this site??? :-( passing is still at 100% after reading so don't disapoint me!

You can buy a sample exam from EXIN, about 7 euro's: http://www.vhpshop.com/index.php?cPath=8_47

For MOF v4 there will be a summary soon, sort of when I find time to finalize it ;-) proof readers wanted!

Pocket guide will be there too (no not by me :-) )

And the new EXAM, o boy, it will be beautiful :-)

Rob.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:34 PM
  • Hey Rob

If you need proof readers on your material I would be glad to help you.

I'm also a proof reader on ITIL V3 intermediate course sample questions.

I'm an ITIL trainer/consultant from Denmark.

Peter Ravnholt

Ravnholt
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 8:25 PM
  • Hi Peter,

We are in the final stage of the review. I just received a lot of work from the final reviewer (I will not put her name here otherwise I will be in big trouble for saying 'a lot of work' :-)

Khalid is doing the latest updates on the mindmaps, which only received positive feedback from everyone who saw them

I am doing the latest suggestions, typo's, editorial suggestions, etc to the doc and then I will send it out probably around sunday.

I would prefer to post it somewhere but don't know how it will be reachable for everyone. I was thinking to put it on mysite but that is not accessible for everyone (non ms employees for example) so I will post it here (and in my dutch blog on MOF) that it is out now and then spam the virtual team internally and when others want to get it I will FYI it to those interested.

Maybe someone can host my posting, any suggestions?

Rob.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:55 PM
  •  

Hi Rob,

I can post this for you in my website or in my new MVP Blog and share this with all. I waiting for your suggestion.

Best Regard,

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Microsoft MVP - Most Valuable Professional

www.mof.com.br | www.clebermarques.com | www.clebermarques.com.br

Friday, July 4, 2008 12:33 AM
  • Hurray, we just released the summary. :-)

Friday, July 4, 2008 9:57 PM
  • All Right Rob,
    So, send to me, please, and I will post in my website and share the link.

Best Regard,

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Friday, July 4, 2008 11:08 PM
  • Will do.

It is also available from my Dutch Blog on MOF:

http://blogs.microsoft.nl/pri/attachment/16849.ashx

Rob.
    Friday, July 4, 2008 11:38 PM
  • It is already mid July. Has Exin started offering MOF v4? The Exam requirement PDF published in Exin website still talks about Quadrants instead of Phases which makes me think it is still v3. Larry any updates?

Saturday, July 19, 2008 1:37 PM
  • Got a reply from Exin,  MOF v4.0 exam will be offered starting October 08
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:33 AM
  • Hi Ash,

Thank you for information. I hope that this exam will be launched ASAP, because I'm very anxious. Larry, any information that you have let we know, please.

Best Regards

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:00 AM
  • Last week we did a trail run of the exam at Techready in Seattle.

On sunday we had 94 people attending the classroom where we had a training on MOF.

Monday evening there were 83 people attending the exam and with a passrate of 80% we have now the first group of certified MOF people.

EXIN is now working on the official launch of the exam, hopefully soon for all you MOF junkies so you can be all part of the MOFia :-)

Rob.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 5:59 PM
  • That's big new Rob,

Unhappily I could not be one of those certified people, but as soon as I get to do the exam I will do, I will be attentive to each new detail, please, stay informed :)

Best Regards

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:28 PM
  • The MOFF 4.0 exam will be available from EXIN Oct 1 2008. 
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

When I contact the Exin I was informed that this exam will be available in Oct 1 2008, but to schedule in Prometric site this will be available only in December, take a look:

Dear Cleber,
    If you scroll down you will see this:
    Expected at Prometric testing centers:

ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation in Spanish (expected October 9, 2008)
    Microsoft Operations Framework (MOFF 4.0) in English (expected December 1, 2008)
    ITIL® V3 Foundation in Japanese (expected November 1, 2008)
    ITIL® V3 Foundation in French (expected December 1, 2008)
    ITIL® V3 Foundation in Latin American (expected December 1, 2008)

thanks for to inform

Best Regards

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Hi
    i'm Spanish
    I'm MCT and MCLC also I'm ITILV2, ITILV3 an ISO 20000 foundations certified
     Do you know any special requeriment to become MOF Trainer? 
    Monday, October 20, 2008 10:09 AM
  • Hi Ravn,

Could you please suggest me some good books for ITIL intermediate, As I have already completed v3 Foundation and want to go for Intermediate.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Hi Adolfo,

Is there not an official accreditation for a MOF Trainer. You can study MOF, get certified, develope your own training and after that teach your classes, ok?

Hope this helps,

Cleber Marques

Microsoft MVP & MCT | Charter Member: SCVMM & MDOP
    MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    My Blog | MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi Kulesh,

To talk about ITIL, please try another forum. You can try this website: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/

Hope this helps,

Cleber Marques

Microsoft MVP & MCT | Charter Member: SCVMM & MDOP
    MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    My Blog | MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:40 PM
  • What is difference between given below

EX0-102

MOFF 

MOFF.EN

Tariq Younas

Thursday, June 2, 2016 3:08 AM