Using Ximeta/Iocell NDAS storage with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and found that my NDAS network attached disk will not work any more.  There is a conflict with the lpx6x.sys file used by NDAS and the computer freezes.

Does anyone out there have a fix for this?

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:00 AM

Answers

• Hi piehole734,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

"lpx6x.sys"
    This files most often belongs to product NDAS® Software. This files most often have description Lean Packet eXchange Protocol.
    I suspect there is a compatibility issue between Ximeta/Iocell NDAS storage with Windows 10.
    Considering this is a third party product and we are not familiar with this product, it is recommended to ask for help from the third party product support. They should have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi piehole734,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

"lpx6x.sys"
    This files most often belongs to product NDAS® Software. This files most often have description Lean Packet eXchange Protocol.
    I suspect there is a compatibility issue between Ximeta/Iocell NDAS storage with Windows 10.
    Considering this is a third party product and we are not familiar with this product, it is recommended to ask for help from the third party product support. They should have more resources to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:13 AM
  • Hi ... NDAS is used in many professional contests

you should provide at least a troubleshooting indication

how to determine which kind of error occurred?

In my case randomly (after hour of work without problems) I see thr following message

Kernel auto boot lock acquisition with raised IRQL   lpx6x.sys

there is an info acquisition going from 0% to 100% and then the computer hangs and I have to switch it off

wich kind of info has been collected?

is the info sent to microsoft or is somewhere inside a log?

you should help us otherwise the only solution is going back to 7 or 8.2

thanks for the attention

Renato Mavri

Thursday, November 5, 2015 7:06 PM
  • I am also having issues recognizing my NDAS drive with the latest WIN10 updates.  WIN10 has been working fine with the NDAS until about a month ago (today is Dec 22 2015).  Microsoft - please fix this issue.  The NDAS drive still works well on WIN7 machines.  It's a WIN10 compatibility issue, and the XiMeta manufacturer is no longer available to update drivers.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:06 PM