Streets and Trips 2007 Problem RRS feed

• Question

• When Microsoft installed the last Critical Win 7 update, Streets and Trips stopped working. When I run the program, I get a dialog box stating "Your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly. To correct these settngs, run Setup again for this application from the location where you originally installed it."  I reinstalled but have the same error. I restored the system to before the last critical update and the program ran fine. When the Microsoft install the update, the program again fails to run with the same message.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:00 PM

Answers

• It sounds like the security update made some changes to the registry, and Streets and Trips had to re-add its registry settings afterwards.  Since many parts of the registry are protected and can't be written to unless the user has administrative rights, it had to be run as administrator to create its keys.  Presumably, after you ran it as administrator once after the patch, it will now run fine as a standard user.

-Matt
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:27 PM

All replies

• I just ran the program in the "Run as administrator" mode and it works fine.  Anyone know why?
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:12 PM
  • It sounds like the security update made some changes to the registry, and Streets and Trips had to re-add its registry settings afterwards.  Since many parts of the registry are protected and can't be written to unless the user has administrative rights, it had to be run as administrator to create its keys.  Presumably, after you ran it as administrator once after the patch, it will now run fine as a standard user.

-Matt
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:27 PM
  • I ran the program as Administrator successfully and then as standard user with same problem. I then reinstalled the program as the Administrator and still the standard user will not run. This is not a problem for me but it is something that should be worked out eventually.  Thank you.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:46 PM