Windows 10 Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• When will Windows Intune w/ Windows Desktop Operating System subscribers get Windows 10?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:36 PM

Answers

• Download center will be updated with windows 10 ISO's on 8/1

Thanks!

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 3:17 AM
  • Hello everyone,

Thank you for being patient.  The issue is resolved.  Windows 10 is now available in the Download Center for you.

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Without having 100% verification I would assume that they are available at the same time as for Volume Licensing customers 1/8.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:14 PM
  • Download center will be updated with windows 10 ISO's on 8/1

Thanks!

Saturday, August 1, 2015 3:17 AM
  • Internationally?

I'm in the UK and there's no sign of Windows 10 ISO's downloadable for us yet.

Monday, August 3, 2015 12:11 PM
  • Don't feel bad. We don't have it in the US either. :-/. Someone needs to press that red button already...

Owner, Quilnet Solutions

Monday, August 3, 2015 12:21 PM
  • We are working towards resolving this.  We'll update this thread when we have more information.

Thanks,

Monday, August 3, 2015 3:53 PM
  • Hello I Just called Intune tech support and I was told Windows 10 download will not be made available for download. Is this true?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:24 AM
  • The ISO is available in the volume license center, the same place I was able to download 8.1 enterprise in the past.

That said, there's no license keys available apparently, so its not of much use. It installs/upgrades and works, but its not clear how long its going to complain about needing activation before it stops working. Hopefully they resolve this key issue before then because there's no mention of that anywhere.

On a related note, though, the fact that they made the strange decision to not enable Windows Update-based upgrades for enterprise users and there's no talk of streamlining the current process for Intune users, I'll probably end up having to keep all my users on 8.1 for a couple years, until the next hardware upgrade cycle. I hope MSFT realizes the reason people use Intune (although there's so vanishingly little about it online, we may be in the huge minority actually using it) is to manage systems when -- for whatever reason -- AD management isn't feasible. So "stick the install media on a network share and use a login script" BS they're telling people for centralized upgrades for Enterprise isn't really workable.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 11:39 AM
  • I see it now. Just showed up today (or last night while I wasn't at work?). Correct, no key shows up. My expectation is that it will use the Windows Intune components to activate (like it did for early versions of Windows 7). I'll try it out on a lab computer and see what I get and report back.

Owner, Quilnet Solutions

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:21 PM
  • I have Intune on the test system, it didn't activate...

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:55 PM
  • Hello everyone,

Thank you for being patient.  The issue is resolved.  Windows 10 is now available in the Download Center for you.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:53 AM
  • Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Hi Jon,

Can you be more specific? The 10 Enterprise ISOs have been there all week so this isn't news. The problem is the VL center doesn't have the keys. If 10 is properly available for Intune users, where do we get the VLK? Keys for all the other versions (like 8 Enterprise) are properly available there.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:41 AM
  • Hi George,

We're looking into the Product Key issue.  (which we found on Download Center).

Are you getting your keys by going into Account Portal and then Software, or a different portal?  I am tracking an issue in our download center with keys not displaying correctly.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:19 PM
  • I've always gotten the keys and ISOs through the Volume License center, but admittedly we've been on Intune for a while, and the page linked through the admin site wasn't there at the time, so that's how you had to do it.

No idea if they're linked to the same back-end services or not, but both aren't able to issue a VLK.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:28 PM
  • Thanks George.

I got our team working on it, as soon as it's resolved we'll post an update.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:21 PM
  • Going to the Account Intune page and clicking the software link is where I got my Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 keys from. The link for getting the keys showed up today but it gave me an error when I clicked on it so maybe someone else will have better luck.

Owner, Quilnet Solutions

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Windows 10 Enterprise VLK just showed up for us.

I followed this thread just for one day and the issue is resolved - many thanks to the Intune-Team!

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:05 PM
  • Hello,

Product Keys should be available at this time.  Please let us know if you are experiencing issues retrieving them.

Thanks,

Thursday, August 6, 2015 10:27 PM
  • Where are the keys now?

This thread (and issue) was before the Intune admin page was moved into Office365 and I don't see anywhere that the keys are available in the O365 portal, and they're not available in the volume licensing center even though the ISOs are.

(On a related note, why in the world do we have to update the VLK and re-activate our systems every time there's a new release of Windows 10? All of our systems we've had to do it now for a second time with the anniversary update! Its one more tick that really is devaluing the use of Intune because most of the time the downsides of using it are greater than the upsides.)

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:58 PM
  • Where are the keys now?

I am also a bit confused as to where I will find the product keys now. I have a fancy Intune subscription with operating systems but no clue how to actually install an operating system.
    • Edited by Sungamr Monday, September 26, 2016 6:28 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 6:27 PM
  • We also have Intune with windows enterprise included and cannot find the product key anywhere for activation.  The key we got last year that worked with Windows 10 isn't working with Windows LTSB 2016.
    Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:29 PM
  • I am having the same issue.

I have the same intune subscription and I can't find where to download windows... :( Frustrating....

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Saturday, December 24, 2016 3:30 AM