WSUS - TLS 1.2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

May I know if WSUS 6.3 (Windows 2012 R2) support TLS 1.2 ?  I asked as the moment i configure registry to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1, my WSUS stop syncing with Windows Update website.  

I read some forum and they says that WSUS must use TLS 1.0 , is that true?  Is there any article talks about WSUS and supported TLS version? 

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Kitoro,

1. WSUS 6.3 support TLS 1.2.

> I asked as the moment i configure registry to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1, my WSUS stop syncing with Windows Update website.

2. Does the WSUS server failed to download updates from Microsoft Update?

If yes, please check the WSUS event log in event viewer, check if there are error 364, if may indicate the reason why the download is failed.

3. Besides, also check if the WSUS server is patched, and install KB3095113 and KB3159706(with manual steps), if not, please update the WSUS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if you got any progress with your issue? Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Anne, I am having the same issue as Kitoro.  

I have no error 364 in my App Log.  My server is patched and up to date.

I posted this as well, https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/98fff4e2-4eea-489d-898a-fe106c8550bf/synchronization-fails-with-authentication-failed-because-the-remote-party-has-closed-the-transport?forum=winserverwsus.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:24 PM