Windows Boot Manager, 0xc0000098 Help needed RRS feed

• Question

• I've just bought and unboxed a brand new HP Touchsmart 610 1010a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit desktop computer.  I connected the power and turned on the machine.  It shows:

Windows Boot Manger

Windoes failed to start.  A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.  To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\amdxata.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

It's a brand new computer just out of the box but it doesn't work at all.  I looked all over the box and there is no Windows installation disc.  I believe the OS is pre-installed.

Can you help me to get the computer runs please?

Thanks anyway!

Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:24 PM

Answers

• If it brand new, it should still be under warranty from the manufacturer.  I advise you return it as soon as possible.

PS:  Whille you're about it, ask them about the installation media.  Sometimes these need to be created by the end-user, but you need to be able to boot your computer to be able to make these disks.

• Marked as answer by kwplee Monday, June 20, 2011 3:03 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:06 PM

All replies

• If it brand new, it should still be under warranty from the manufacturer.  I advise you return it as soon as possible.

PS:  Whille you're about it, ask them about the installation media.  Sometimes these need to be created by the end-user, but you need to be able to boot your computer to be able to make these disks.

• Marked as answer by kwplee Monday, June 20, 2011 3:03 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Thanks Bigteddy, I have my computer replaced, a faulty hard disk caused the trouble.

Monday, June 20, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Don't forget to create your recovery media.  That is another name for installation disks.  You will need some blank DVDs, and there will be a program on your computer to create these disks. 

This is important if the computer fails out of warranty!

Monday, June 20, 2011 3:16 PM