my SSAS database does not appear in Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I created a cube in SSAS 2008 R2 (where I have already 4 cubes), in PPS designerwhen I try to create a new data connections, I enter the name of my sql server, then clicking on the database dropdown list, I see a 2 out of 5 databases, the one I recently created doesn't show. I did a try from an excel powerpivot, chosing analysis services, I can see my cube.

So the question, is there any special config to be done on the SSAS DB in order to be diplayed in the PPS designer.

Thanks in advance

Friday, June 18, 2010 1:12 AM

Answers

• It would depend on the security you have configured for the data source.  Most likely it is utilizing the service account, so you are going to need to make sure that the service has at least read permissions to the database and cube you are trying to access.

If you have access on the SSAS server side you can simply check the role(s) that are defined to verify this and you would need to do the same setup on the new database and cube.

When you are connecting to it from Excel this is simply using your credentials.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, June 18, 2010 1:19 AM

All replies

• It would depend on the security you have configured for the data source.  Most likely it is utilizing the service account, so you are going to need to make sure that the service has at least read permissions to the database and cube you are trying to access.

If you have access on the SSAS server side you can simply check the role(s) that are defined to verify this and you would need to do the same setup on the new database and cube.

When you are connecting to it from Excel this is simply using your credentials.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, June 18, 2010 1:19 AM
  • Correct, Thanks
    Friday, June 18, 2010 8:26 AM