How to duplicate "Windows Server 2012 Logical Disk Free Space (%) Low" monitor in SCOM 2012 R2 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SCOM 2012 R2 environment and we are monitoring Windows Server 2012 R2 using 'Windows Server 2012 Operating System Monitoring' management pack.

We need to monitor free disk space in the C: of the machines. As per the 'Windows Server 2012 logical Disk - Free Space Rollup Monitor' available in MP, we can configure it to generate critical alert 5% and Warning at 10%, but i need to generate alert for it once it starts falling down from 30%. That is, once the free space is 30%, first information alert should generate. After that once it reaches to 25%, another Warning alert should generate. At 20% another warning and so on till 10% and after that Critical alerts should get generated.

Kindly guide how I can accomplish this task because as per the mentioned monitor available in the MP, i can override it to generate alert only for Warning and Critical thresholds. Therefore, i think that if i can duplicate this monitor, then i can set different threshold levels. Kindly correct me if I am wrong and let me know how to accomplish this task.

Thanks,

Aayush

-Thanks AB

Friday, October 14, 2016 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

Using single Unit Monitor , it only contains three states :

If you really needs three threshold , I'd suggest you to use Aggregate Rollup Monitor then create unit monitors under it for each threshold .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, October 31, 2016 1:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:56 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 1:05 PM

All replies

• YOu can create customized alert using monitor for performance counter %free space 

Friday, October 14, 2016 3:28 PM
  • Logical space is being collected already , so you can directly create alert for it .

Of not you need to write a rule to collect and them monitor https://sites.google.com/site/scomblogs/journal-blog/processperformancemonitoringinscom 

Friday, October 14, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Hi Sir,

Using single Unit Monitor , it only contains three states :

If you really needs three threshold , I'd suggest you to use Aggregate Rollup Monitor then create unit monitors under it for each threshold .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, October 31, 2016 1:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:56 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 1:05 PM