none
Tasks missing from project plan even though they are in database RRS feed

• Question

• We are having strange issue in Project 2013 with specific project.

we see reports are showing one task with assignment but not showing in pwa or in client. due to this, $ are mismatch.

any suggestions to get that task to visible in Project plan(pwa or client), so that we can edit the $

S.Venkata Appaji

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:26 PM

All replies

• If you are seeing data on a report but not in the schedule, I would suggest at some point it was in the schedule and it was published (so it is in the reporting part of the database) and then deleted from the schedule.

As a result you see it on one side not the other.

To test this you could open the published schedule and see if it is different.

Ryan

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:01 PM
  • Thank you Ryan for Reply. that task is not showing Project Schedule now anymore but still coming in Reports.

any suggestion to address the problem.

S.Venkata Appaji

Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

Do you get any report sync errors when publishing the project? I am thinking maybe the project is corrupted in the reporting schema. So you can try to delete the published project  (make sure the project site is not deleted), re-publish your project from Project Pro and re-link back the project site.

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, May 29, 2015 8:39 AM
  • No Errors in logs, we have tried several options(without deleting project) but still that task exists in database.

S.Venkata Appaji

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:40 PM
  • Have you considered triggering a refresh of the reporting data tables?

Mark M Webster

Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:34 PM
  • The issue seems to be due to mis match between publish  and report data bases

A Clean publish from PSI API helps to resolve issues like this, I had similar issues which were fixed with a clean publish from PSI API

Srikanth Bogadapati

Thursday, June 4, 2015 7:36 PM
  • Thanks Srikanth, could you provide more details steps to clean publish from PSI API

S.Venkata Appaji

Friday, June 5, 2015 7:35 PM