Lync loses speaker in Citrix Session RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following setup:

2008 R2 with all patches and SP
    Citrix Xenapp 6.5 with all patches
    Lync 2010 with all patches

When I login to my Citrix session I can make a call but after 5-30 minutes I lose the speaker. I cant hear what the other person is saying. The microphone is still working though so the other person can hear me.

All other sounds in citrix session also stops when Lync loses the speaker. But when I hang up the Lync Call the sound in the session returns. But Lync never gets back the speaker sound.

The only way to get the speaker back in Lync is to logout from the session and login again.

I guess it is a Citrix related problem because i have not seen the issue on the locally installed clients.

I also have a Xenapp with an older version of Xenapp and there we have no problem with the lync client.

Anyone running Lync in Xenapp 6.5 and have you had any problems?

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:00 AM

Answers

• Please contact Citrix Support for obtaining a fix for this problem. This problem has been solved.

• Marked as answer by Harmankardon Monday, June 18, 2012 9:30 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Seems like it was the version 13 of the reciever that was the problem. Installed:  CU13.1.300

That I got from Citrix and now I have a Lync call running for 40 minutes with no problem and excellent sound quality.

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:04 AM
  • I know that Microsoft does not support Lync in Citrix but with Xenapp 6.5 Citrix is supporting it.
    And as I said it almost works flawlessly in Xenapp 6.0. And with Xenapp 6.5 you have even better support.

I have now tested with MSN and the same problem occurs when making a call in MSN. So it seems to be Citrix related somehow.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:15 PM

All replies

• If you use any Remote Desktop or Server Virtualization then the only supported modality is Instant Messaging & Presence.

It is not supported to use media over Citrix session.
    You must either use an IP Phone to connect the audio or use a local full softclient on the pc.

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:44 AM
  • As John says, unfortunately media isn't supported in citrix. That being said, citrix do have some suggested configurations that they suggest will work.

Can you try a call on something like Skype or MSN to see if its a Lync or Citrix issue

thanks

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:02 AM
  • I know that Microsoft does not support Lync in Citrix but with Xenapp 6.5 Citrix is supporting it.
    And as I said it almost works flawlessly in Xenapp 6.0. And with Xenapp 6.5 you have even better support.

I have now tested with MSN and the same problem occurs when making a call in MSN. So it seems to be Citrix related somehow.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:15 PM
  • So then you must contact Citrix if they do support it.

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Hi,Harmankardon,

Since it's Citrix related you'd better contact Citrix support center to have an support engineer look at this problem,or you can post the question to Citrix support forum for more professional help.

Besides,you can try to check the hotfixes for Xenapp 6.5 and fully patch the Citrix application to see if it works.

http://support.citrix.com/product/xa/v6.5_2008r2/hotfix/general/

Hope this useful!

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:26 AM
  • I've also heared from a number of customers expiriencing same problem. The best workaround at the moment is to "pause" the call for few moments then audio comes back.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:52 PM
  • Please contact Citrix Support for obtaining a fix for this problem. This problem has been solved.

Friday, June 15, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Do you know the name of the patch?
    Friday, June 15, 2012 5:50 AM
  • Seems like it was the version 13 of the reciever that was the problem. Installed:  CU13.1.300

That I got from Citrix and now I have a Lync call running for 40 minutes with no problem and excellent sound quality.

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:04 AM
  • The Citrix article ID: CTX133607 includes a link to this version of the Receiver, but is not available for download unless you have a current Citrix tech support contract.  Would you be able to email me the CU13.1.300 download?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:57 PM