none
Having trouble with bitlocker, please help. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have locked a drive with bitlocker, it work nicely with password.
    But suddenly it doesn't match my password after rebooting my system. I have tries multiple time with password when I fail to enter the drive, then I try Recovery key, and it doesn't recognize my Recovery key.
    At the right moment what I have to do? Can anyone here to help me?

Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Md. Shahariar Mahabub,

That recovery key is an example. You should ensure your recovery key`s "Identifier" is corresponding to the identifier of the Bitlocker screen and the recovery key only includes 48 numbers. In addition, please ensure you are using a Windows 10.10586 version.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 1, 2016 8:47 AM

All replies

Have you made any modifications to the machine recently?
    Please ensure the recovery key ID(Identifier) is corresponding to each other. Please note "The recovery key" only includes numbers.

If you used Windows 10.1511 version to enable Bitlocker, we should use Windows 10.1511 version to unlock the drive. On Windows 10.1511 version, there is a new algorithm added and it is only supported by Windows 10.1511.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 29, 2016 3:09 AM
  • I try it your recovery key but don't mach it. Please give me  another solution.
    Friday, July 29, 2016 7:34 PM

That recovery key is an example. You should ensure your recovery key`s "Identifier" is corresponding to the identifier of the Bitlocker screen and the recovery key only includes 48 numbers. In addition, please ensure you are using a Windows 10.10586 version.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 1, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

Thank You :)
    After updated my Windows 10 with latest version, now it's works.

Saturday, August 6, 2016 5:39 AM