ISP dosent have SRV record RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i need to configure DNS records for federation but according to my ISP provider 

web.com doesn't support SRV records 

is there any workaround ?

Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi snoam,

When you configure DNS records for federation,you could create the DNS _sipfederationtls._tcp. <SIP domain name>.com,could you give me more information about setting the web.com record? if I understand correctly,”web.com” was register,you have to change another SRV record and publish the topology to public network.

If you have doubts about the federation DNS record,you could refer to the following link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj618369(v=ocs.15).aspx

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 8:48 AM
  • It's unusual for DNS SRV records not to be supported.

I'd suggest escalating the call with your ISP/DNS provider, and if they still state that they cannot support SRV records, then you should look into moving your DNS provider.

The only way you may be able to get around this is if you do not require open federation.

In that case, you should be able to setup direct federation with any third parties you wish to federate with.

See this link https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425908(v=ocs.15).aspx

Both you and the company you are federating with would need to set this up on each others Lync servers.

• Proposed as answer by paul.hawkins Monday, November 20, 2017 2:05 PM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 2:04 PM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:58 AM