JPEGs automatically try to open in MSWord. How can I change any settings to open in a photo program RRS feed

• Question

• In the past 6-8 months I have not been able to open jpegs in an email or open the videos I made. Automacally they go to MSWord. I have to download pics and go to file, open with, then choose a photo program. How can I fix this?

Windows video will not let me see the slide shows I have created. I'm asuming they too are wanting to open in word and are totally useless. I hear the music and see what titles I have put in them but no pictures. Please help>

Thank you, sue

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:56 AM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Friday, September 24, 2010 11:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Sue,

Thank you for you post!

Please go to control panel->Default Programs->Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Click on .jpg and set Windows Photo Viewer as default program and click OK.

Please also associate the extension of your video files to Windows Media Player.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 27, 2010 9:49 AM