none
Adding additional Unix\Linux Maint account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We have created Unix and Linux Maintenance account  and configured run as profile with default all selected objects for Linux and Solaris Scom agents installation  , but we need to add additional maintenance account for AIX SCOM agent installation due to  user account no of character limitation  in AIX . When I am trying to add the AIX Maintenance account in Unix\Linux Maintenance account RUN AS Profile , default targeting all objects is disabled. Kindly let me know the  target object to choose , for deploying SCOM Agent to AIX Servers.

Note: AIX Management packs are imported already.  

Venkat R

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

For the targeting, it seems we can choose Linux Computer class as shown in below example:

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi, 

you can traget the AIX RunAs Profile at the specific AIX Groups or classes. That would be the optimum approach and will avoid distributing the credentials to the other Linux systems.

This is depcited here:

[SCOM] UNIX/Linux Run As Account settings for multiple DMZ, different resource pools

You can either target AIX classes, built-in groups, or even you can create your own group (as isuggested in the post above) and target it. 

Here also some useful info on the topic:

Managing Run As accounts and profiles

Distribution and targeting for Run As accounts and profiles

Run As Accounts and Profiles

I hope I could help. Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, as Stoyan suggested, we may be more specific, to use the AIX computers.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the problem? Is there any other assistance we can provide?

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    Friday, May 24, 2019 7:03 AM