Corrupt User Profile - W7 Ultimate x64 RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

Just built a new pc and have installed w7 ultimate, although when the desktop appears i receive the message: "You have been logged on with a temporary profile. You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log off. To fix this, try logging off and logging on later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system administrator."

Event viewer shows error 1511, which states what i have written above.
    I've tried restarting, logging off and on heaps of times and formatted 11 times now.
    why could this be happening?

I would greatly appreciate it is someone would be able to help me.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:45 AM
  • Thankyou for the prompt reply. The solution you have posted does not solve my problem. Is there anything else that could help? Will burn another iso on different media and at the slowest speed to see if that would work. If anyone else can provide me with a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:48 PM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947242

Yes, this could be a corrupt installation disk.

or a hacked image with the default user deleted.

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:19 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

Did you resolve the problem?

Please feel free to give us any update.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:25 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:19 AM
  • Hi there, Well, it doesn't answer how this is happening. I have started from scratch twice and created three users, Administrator, name1 (admin group), name2 (user group). My goal is to be able to use the name2 user as my normal user. I've also restored to good configurations from image files of those scratch builds.

On several occasions I have been using that user and configured the user, transferred in my mail, itunes, photos, user preferences, browser(s) configuration and bookmarks, and have used the user successfully. Then after the latest (11/22/2010) windows update, I have also used the user just fine. Then I shutdown the computer and come back the next day and try to log in and get the above error message (after all that work which takes about 10 hours to set everything up per users, it is about 16G of files that I have backed up elsewhere).

I really don't know what to do except to use name1 which (as admin group) always works just fine even after the error occurs on the name2 user. Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Or should I just give up on normal users? I've been fighting this about 2 months now and I'm really tired of reconfiguring everything.

I've checked and the user files are still there in the users/name2 directory, so the whole profile is not being deleted. I don't know anything about the internals, but this almost appears the way in which early windows and dos version deleted files, they just changed the first character of the filename but didn't touch any of the data until it was overwritten. Something is (allegorically speaking) changing the first character of the profile entry in the registry and telling it that it is not there anymore. Why would that happen?

Thanks

PS, Could it have anything to do with copying in the files from another disk to:

c:\Users\name2\AppData\Thunderbird\....

or

c:\Users\jerry\Music\iTunes\...

It does work for a while though, before the error happens...

W7ultimate, 32bit, P4, 2G ram, IE8, FF, Opera, Chrome, GE, Adobe9, Java, Comodo, Office 2010, K-Lite Codec Pack.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:13 PM