none
Interactive Logon GPO

Question

• Hi All,

I need some help with getting the entire message displayed for a corporate Banner at logon using Interactive Logon.  The policy has been created and applied to a group of test machines.  I am using "Message Tittle for users attempting to log on" and "Message Text for users attempting to log on."  The Message Tittle displays fine, however, the Message Text is only displaying the first two lines of a total of six lines.  The message format is:    By signing in, I understand and acknowledge that:  This is then followed by 5 bullet items but only the first bullet item is being displayed.  Is there a line limit?  On our network, I have Domain Controllers that are 2003 STD SP2 , and 2008 R2 STD SP1.  The DC which is authenticating my test machines is a 2008 R2 STD SP1.  Both my Domain and Forest Functional Levels are at Windows Server 2003.

Francisco Mercado Jr.

Sunday, November 06, 2016 11:21 AM

All replies

• You could change your "Message Text" approach from bullets into standard paragraph form instead since in your case the bullets are not being parsed correctly.  Or, follow the solution documented here which seemed similar to yours:  

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/24922353/Group-Policy-Interactive-Logon-Message-create-line-space.html

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Sunday, November 06, 2016 12:39 PM