none
Distribution Manager failed to process package "Configuration Manager Client Upgrade Package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Please advise me for the solution.

Thanks,

R.K.S

Distribution Manager failed to process package "Configuration Manager Client Upgrade Package" (package ID = CHE00003).

Possible cause: Distribution Manager does not have access to either the package source directory or the distribution point.
    Solution: Verify that distribution manager can access the package source directory/distribution point.

Possible cause: The package source directory contains files with long file names and the total length of the path exceeds the maximum length supported by the operating system.
    Solution: Reduce the number of folders defined for the package, shorten the filename, or consider bundling the files using a compression utility.

Possible cause: There is not enough disk space available on the site server computer or the distribution point.
    Solution: Verify that there is enough free disk space available on the site server computer and on the distribution point.

Possible cause: The package source directory contains files that might be in use by an active process.
    Solution: Close any processes that maybe using files in the source directory.  If this failure persists, create an alternate copy of the source directory and update the package source to point to it.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you right click on the package and goto the properties? Select the data source tab and look at the source folder. Make sure that the folder listed is available for the Distribution point to pull from it. 

If the folder is available and HAS the files inside you may need to look at the security permissions for the that folder. 

Let me know what you find,

Lief

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 5:16 PM
  • Hi Lief,

It mentioned , Configuration Manager Client Upgrade Package not the Configuration Manager Client  Package

I am unable to find that under Package section.

Thanks,

R.K.S

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:12 PM
  • You're not going to find that package in the console.

Was this a site restore?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 8:03 PM
  • You're not going to find that package in the console.

Was this a site restore?

Hi Jason and R.K.S.

Jason, your absolutely right, the upgrade package wont show up in the console. I misread the original post.

I was searching around the forums and found Technet Forums: Redistribute Configuration Manager Client Upgrade Package (XXX00003)

I wonder if you force the redistribution using the power shell script contained in the post, it would then attempt redistribute the package and possibly succeed? From what I've read in my research, that upgrade package only will attempt to distribute itself once with no retries (Jason, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

It might also be worth noting that disk space may somehow be an issue. If you have the SUP and Site server on the same machine the disk space really fills up fast depending on the number of updates you have deployed either manually or an ADR.

Keep us updated on the issue.

-Lief

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Hi KALAI111SELVAN,

Have you been able to verify that "Possible cause" are not actually the culprit?

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:52 AM
  • No, redistributing it won't work because it can't find the source files in the first place in the content library based on the message.

Thus my question of whether this was site restore which only the OP can answer as this is the only time I've seen or heard of this happening.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:50 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I have seen this issue, not able to find the solutions. It is happening between 1706 to 1802 Configuration Manager.

Kannan.CS | http://kannancs.com

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Dear Sir,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. 
    Please kindly click "Mark as answer" if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.
    Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 2, 2018 7:03 AM