512 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)

Raid 0: 2x WD Black 1.0TB SATA3 6GB Drives

BIOSTAR Group TA890FXE

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

I did the preformance tests (without drivers installed and it was appauling as i'd imagine it) and then with the drivers installed.

The final outcome was amazing for everything... but the HDD's. I was shocked. I'm getting a 5.9 score on 2 tb wd black sata 3's? really? thats lower than my 80gb wd sata 2!!

According to HD TUNE

Before Driver Updates/Windows Updates:
     16.1 MB/s Min
    242.3 MB/s Max
    167.4 MB/s Avg
     10.3 ms Access Time
    178.6 MB/s Burst Rate
     8.2% CPU Usage

AFter Driver Update/Windows Udates:

112.6 MB/s Min
    239.3 MB/s Max
    188.0 MB/s Avg
     10.4 ms Access Time
    166.5 MB/s Burst Rate
     7.4% CPU Usage

For a RAID 0 (or even a single drive) this is borderline mental handicap.

Someone must be able to suggest something.. this is horrible.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:26 AM

All replies

• This is caused by the driver you installed. It may not work with Windows Experience Index properly. Similar discussion was in the following thread. There are various hardware configurations that have different results.

"Windows Experience Index" reading for RAID drive is too low 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:28 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 8:22 AM
  • I posted there Arthur, Ive disabled write caching, its not just WEI score. look at those speeds from hdtune.. thats ridiculous, ive seen clowns do calculus in their heads faster than i can get my pc to respond.

I've tried to update the RAID driver in windows but it says its using a more updated version.

Somethings gotta give.

Friday, November 5, 2010 11:42 AM
  • You may note that this kind of issues can also be caused by compatibility problems. It does not mean that the performance of the RAID is not good. If you have upgraded everything but it did not help, we can do nothing in the operating system. However you can ignore the index result if you do not experience performance issues.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 8, 2010 3:34 AM
  • its not just the experience index. i posted drive copy speeds and they are severely low. if i had some generic peice of junk hard drive i might be able to see incompatibility issues.. but these drives are WD brand new TB drives.. i dont see them preforming slower than my old ide 360gb drive as far as copying. the hdd speed is really really slow. there HAS to be something to do check or fix.
    Monday, November 8, 2010 7:26 PM