Whats the best way to get OWSTimer running again? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few sites that are not sending email alerts and running scheduled jobs.  I've restarted the service manually and still nothing.  Any ideas?
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi JackeeBleu,

Please go to Central Administration->Operations->Alternate access mappings, make sure that the URL listed for the default Zone is the URL of your site, not the Windows Name of your Sites server, if it is not, edit it.

Try to restart services: Windows SharePoint Services Timer service  Windows SharePoint Services Administration service.

If it isn’t the issue, here is an article about troubleshooting steps for alerts not working, you can refer to it for more information:
    http://sharepoint-geek.com/2009/11/05/sharepoint-alerts-not-working/

As Rashu said, please check the ULS log to see whether there are error message in the log files, you can provide it if convenient.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you seeing any errors in logs?

Can you confirm if all IPs of your servers are added into allow relay list of SMTP server?

Do you get any error when you try to send alert for example when you add a user into a group with mail check box checked in?

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:24 AM
  • Hi JackeeBleu,

Please go to Central Administration->Operations->Alternate access mappings, make sure that the URL listed for the default Zone is the URL of your site, not the Windows Name of your Sites server, if it is not, edit it.

Try to restart services: Windows SharePoint Services Timer service  Windows SharePoint Services Administration service.

If it isn’t the issue, here is an article about troubleshooting steps for alerts not working, you can refer to it for more information:
    http://sharepoint-geek.com/2009/11/05/sharepoint-alerts-not-working/

As Rashu said, please check the ULS log to see whether there are error message in the log files, you can provide it if convenient.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:20 AM