none
The FAST Search backend reported warnings when processing the item. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I am trying to crawl a site collection which has a document library file's url as a attachment in a page.

I am getting the warning for that page as:

The FAST Search backend reported warnings when processing the item. ( Customer-supplied command failed: Output- and errorfile were both empty )

With Regards,

RAM.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi RAM,

The difference between "created manually" and "I just copy and paste some plain text content from internet" is not really clear. It seems that both files were created and filled with some content. There is not enough information to understand why the first file is indexed, while the second is not.

The screenshots are also not very clear. Why do you have only one file in the DocumentLibrary and only one in the list entries. According to your description there should be two files on both screensots. The third screenshot also shows that the warning you were asking about is issued for the DispForm.aspx?ID=24, not for one of PowerPoint files.

As the issue seems quite dependent to your environment, I would again suggest you to open a support case in our system. We will then get the exact documents from you, build the similar environment, and will be able to reproduce this and explain the behaviour.

Regards,

Nikolay.

Monday, February 6, 2012 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi -R-A-M-,

This warning means that the document indexed didn't have any text content. This happens if the document has only images in it, or if the encoding is not recognized. It means that after processing the document there was no indexed text and also no errors has happened during processing.

It's hard to say what causes this warning in your environment. You said that you have a "file's url as an attachment in a page". That's not quite clear to me. The page is not indexed, but maybe it is empty; is the attachment itself indexed? It is not clear whether you are only concerned about the meaning of the warning or are you actually not able to index some content.

In order to give you a more specific answer we would need to reproduce your issue locally (after getting the exact replication steps and some file/page examples from you). A support case should be opened for this in our system.

Regards,

Nikolay.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:46 AM
  • Hi Nikolay ,

I would like to elaborate my issue:

1. I created one site collection
    2. I kept 2 PPT file in documentlibrary of that site collection.

3. Then I create a list which contains 3 column : title, url, apptype.

4. Now I added 2 item to that list such that each item will have url of pptfile kept in documentlibrary.

5. Then I start crawling As a results one ppt file is indexed and other ppt file is not indexed.

6. Difference between 2 file is first file which is crawled I have created manually and the other one which is not indexed in    that file I just copy and paste some plain text content from internet

Thanks,

RAM.

Friday, February 3, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Hi RAM,

The difference between "created manually" and "I just copy and paste some plain text content from internet" is not really clear. It seems that both files were created and filled with some content. There is not enough information to understand why the first file is indexed, while the second is not.

The screenshots are also not very clear. Why do you have only one file in the DocumentLibrary and only one in the list entries. According to your description there should be two files on both screensots. The third screenshot also shows that the warning you were asking about is issued for the DispForm.aspx?ID=24, not for one of PowerPoint files.

As the issue seems quite dependent to your environment, I would again suggest you to open a support case in our system. We will then get the exact documents from you, build the similar environment, and will be able to reproduce this and explain the behaviour.

Regards,

Nikolay.

Monday, February 6, 2012 11:36 AM